The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
_PPA LD-1 PAcific Pro Audio MIC
Old 1st May 2003
Gear Head

_PPA LD-1 PAcific Pro Audio MIC

Anyone used this Mic - got a friend in Nashville (faith, tim etc) who swears by it and the TUBE model...anyone used it?
thanks
Old 1st May 2003
Here for the gear

They're both great mics for the money, I think. You won't be replacing your old U47s or U67s with them, but I think they're pretty good mics.

-mark
Old 6th May 2003
Dot
Lives for gear

Any reason to believe PPA aren't just off-the-shelf mics from the Feilo factory in China?
Old 16th April 2005
PPA LD2ube

I bought an LDfew weeks ago. I was intending to spend a little more for a standard brand. I went over to their office in Seattle and the owner had me try them...their Ribbon mic and their LD Tube mic. Both are interesting flavors. I've had them for a couple weeks. I bought a Grace preamp from them (which I love). The LD is great great...to me it sounds vintagy and sounds good on my voice. I particularly like the close recording with omni setting.

The ribbon R-one is harder for me to get great sounds out of. I'm not sure if its my limited skills or applications I've tried. I haven't done any drum or acoustic guitar, which would the good uses I'd figure. But I've tried it on my voice. With EQ its ok. Its all warmth, too much even. I'm thinking that on my limited budget, my SM57 does as well or better at the limited dynamic range thing. I haven't returned it yet. But may soon.

Jonathan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search