The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tascam DM24 vs Tascam M5000
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Tascam DM24 vs Tascam M5000

Hi Fellows,

I've got some questions regarding the Tascam M5000, why because I use now a Tascam DM24 which does not have that same feel as I had with my previous analog desks (Mackie 8 buss, Tascam M3500).
I feel that mixing on an analog desk has a more human feel then the digital.
Therefore I am looking for an second hand analog desk with good mic pre-amps, nice eq, and enough channels avaiable. Now I've seen an advertisement where they sell an Tascam M5000 for a reasonable price, does anybody have any experience with this desk and on what kind of things should I pay attention to, also is it worth the do the makeover from DM24 to Analog M5000?

What's I expect from a desk?

* Good mic preamps (most important)
* ergonomically in use (easy to use)
* good eq

Please let me know your experience

Gaston
Old 11th December 2005
Lives for gear

I just got a tascam m3500 for a grand and it is a great desk, you gotta watch it because if ther is one locally then pick it up, but if you have to ship this thing its like 400-500 $$$$. Mine is the 32 channel with full meter bridge, amazing everything! Rebuilt PSU, a grand is a steal.
Old 11th July 2006
vls
Gear Maniac

hi!

one question: how much is a used tascam m5000 generally?

Thanks!

Volker
Old 11th July 2006
Lives for gear
Well...the M-5000 is one of Tascam " more" expensive built consoles when it was new. I think it was around $45.000.00 to $60.000.00..! I've seen a couple of used ones listed for around $9.000.00 to $10.000.00..In Tascam's original release info on the M-2600's consoles says " the M-2600 shares some of the same circuitry as the M-5000, power supply mic amps, eq., etc! ( take this with a "big" grain of salt..heh ). I have the M-2600 mkII and it's sounds ok considering what it cost when new. I'm sure ( if you like the analog feel of consoles, the M-5000 wil be fine for you. The mic pres should be decent, the ones on the M-2600 are ( not the greatest, but decent)..!..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search