The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Alesis DM Pro 2.0 update
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Alesis DM Pro 2.0 update

Alesis released a 2.0 upate for their DM Pro drum module some while ago.
Does anyone happen to know what this update improved?
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Where did you hear this? There's no sign of it on their site...

dB
Old 22nd August 2005
jho
Lives for gear

There is definetely a 2.0 for the DM Pro...I need to update mine to that...going to check on the Zendrum.com forum....
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho
There is definetely a 2.0 for the DM Pro...I need to update mine to that...
Where'd you hear about it? What's it do? Where do you get it?

I do not believe the DM Pro's OS is flash, so that means there are new chips, I guess - it's a bit odd that there doesn't seem to be any info about it on their web site.

I'm somewhat surprised that they developed a new OS for a product that they had to kill. The DM Pro died because it had two custom 8 MB ROMs that weren't used in any other product, and it was impossible to find a foundry that would do short runs of custom chips. The same thing happened to the DG8, and to the Q cards.

I'd be really interested in more information on this...

dB
Old 22nd August 2005
jho
Lives for gear

Originally bought it because many other zendrum dudes were using them as a cheap box. There on the zendrum forum I saw talk of version 2.0. Check it out http://www.zendrum.com/forums/

When I bought one off ebay two weeks ago there were ones that were 2.0 and others that 'didn't say'. I'm sure you'll see what I mean if you search ebay for alesis dm pro. I got a 1.0 (or 1.something) figuring I could upgrade it. So I am hoping like you that it is in fact upgradable.
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho
Originally bought it because many other zendrum dudes were using them as a cheap box. There on the zendrum forum I saw talk of version 2.0. Check it out http://www.zendrum.com/forums/
Can you please point more specifically to where the topic is? Thanks...

Quote:
When I bought one off ebay two weeks ago there were ones that were 2.0 and others that 'didn't say'. I'm sure you'll see what I mean if you search ebay for alesis dm pro. I got a 1.0 (or 1.something) figuring I could upgrade it. So I am hoping like you that it is in fact upgradable.
How do you find out whether it's a 2.0 or not?

Also, do you know what the update does? I'm guessing you must, since you say that you need to get it...

The only update I remember yielded better access to some of the QCard programs, but (IIRC) pretty much every DM Pro that shipped had that - I wonder if that's it?

dB
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce
How do you find out whether it's a 2.0 or not?
I found out how - hold down the cursor left and right simultaneously.

The 2.0 update was basically to tweak the trigger responses so they worked with Peter Hart's drum pads in the DM Pro Kit. It also changed one or two presets.

In addition, there was also a hardware mod to one of the cymbal trigger inputs to add a choke (another function of the Hart kit). If you don't have this mod, that trigger won't work correctly.

My friends at Alesis tell me the EPROM is no longer available; however, it's apparently no big deal if you don't plan to use it with Peter Hart's pads.

dB
Old 23rd August 2005
jho
Lives for gear

This from a friend on zendrum.com/forums/

"They no longer make the upgrade (or the DM for that matter). The good news is, you probably don't need the upgrade...it was a trigger-gain function to work with the newer Roland pads. If you plan on using pads, I'd look into it further. But for sequencing or zendrum/midi trigger us use, you are good - Jer"

Jeff
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho
it was a trigger-gain function to work with the newer Roland pads.
He's close...

The Hart pads use a similar type of mesh heads as the V-Drums, so I can understand why he came to that conclusion...but the 2.0 was done specifically for the Hart pads when Alesis released the DM Pro Kit, not for Roland pads.

This information courtesy of the head of sound design for Alesis.

dB
Old 15th June 2010
Here for the gear

Alesis DM Pro ver 2.0 upgrade available now

The DM Pro update actually has bug fixes that cover MIDI, triggering, ghosting, system stability, Q card enhancements and trigger compatibility.
You can now get the DM Pro 2.0 upgrades at Home - Route 66 Studios

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search