The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Universal Shockmount
Old 6th July 2009
Gear Head

Universal Shockmount

I am one of the dumb as--s who bought an Oktava MKL-2500 from Guitar Center a few years back. Later,I had to buy the Russian power supply because the mic was totally unusable with the supplied Chinese psu
I'd like to get a shockmount for it, but the one made specifically for it is another $75 . It makes me sick to throw any more dough into this thing.
Are the "universal" types (which hold the mic by the body- instead of at the base) any good? I see a few cheap ones on e bay, but dont want to try to save money(again), then just have to throw more at it later(again).
Thanks
Old 6th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Korby Audio Technologies has one that works great for any LDC or most dynamics. I don't know what it costs, probably not cheap, but it's a go to around here for the expensive tube mics of all kinds because it has no clips or anything and it works easily and well. the rubber part that grips the mic may deteriorate over time so ask if they would replace that. but it lasts a long time. hope this helps
Old 7th July 2009
Lives for gear

I use the Sabra-Som system for my various Oktava mics.

The 2500 is a great mic - you should have sent it to Michael Joly instead of buying a new PSU. He can sometimes fix the Chinese PSU. However, hopefully you don't have one of the rare Chinese CLONES of the 2500.
Old 7th July 2009
Old 7th July 2009
Lives for gear

The 2500 is a very wide mic, so I don't think any of the generic LDC mounts will work made for those typical Chinese LDC's.
Old 7th July 2009
Gear Head

Thank you for the ideas

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search