The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Avant garde/20th century classical music spam
Old 5th July 2009
Gear Addict

Avant garde/20th century classical music spam

A little bit of self promotion here that some of you might enjoy.

I host a 20th century classical music program on the radio sunday afternoons at three pm in Milwaukee Wisconsin. All the programs are streamed live over the net and are archived here:

91.7 WMSE | Archive

You can download and listen to all/any of the shows you want for free.

I play mostly chamber music and run the gamut from the very conservative to the very far out. In the third hour I play a string quartet by a composer every week until I have completed his/her cycle. Guys like Shostakovitch took 15 weeks to get through, Honegger three weeks, and so forth. This week I am finishing up the Turkish Composer Ahmed Saygun.

While I am not an expert, I have been collecting 20th century chamber music for a while and know quite a bit. If any of you have any questions or suggestion on things you might like to know about feel free to ask.

Also, a while ago I started this informational thread about modern composers. I have not updated it in a while but some of you might find it interesting or funny.

Electrical Audio • View topic - Capnreverbs discourse on modern string quartets and composer

Thanks!
Old 6th July 2009
Despite my trepidations at the very thought of appearing to be encouraging or rewarding spam (if indeed it even is) but with the understanding that our ever-vigilant and Solomonically-wise moderators will move this thread someplace more appropriate (if such place exists), I'd just like to say:

Dude, that sounds cool.

I just bookmarked your archive page and started poking around...

Old 6th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnreverb View Post
I host a 20th century classical music program on the radio sunday afternoons at three pm in Milwaukee Wisconsin. All the programs are streamed live over the net and are archived here:

91.7 WMSE | Archive

You can download and listen to all/any of the shows you want for free.
You, sir, are a nasty, nasty spammer.

However, I am quite sure that I will be giving your show a listen. Can't get enough twelve-tone and minimalism. I will admit, though, that the last time I spent an afternoon with Schoenberg, I just had to put on the Best of Bread afterward. Arnold might be groovy, but David Gates is god.
Old 11th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnreverb View Post
...This week I am finishing up the Turkish Composer Ahmed Saygun.
We in Turkey rather call him and widely know him by his second forename, as Adnan Saygun, though.

That's a pretty cool program. I'll see if I can stream it down from Turkey. Sometimes the streams are restricted for overseas territories due to copyright and royalties etc reasons.
B.
Old 5th October 2010
Gear Addict

It's been a while since I "spammed" this but I figured some new eyes might enjoy some of this. The moderator should move it to the about music section. If anybody has any questions about modern classical music I might be able to point you in the right direction. Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search