The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
M-Audio Profire 610 + Pro Tools 8 M-Powered
Old 5th July 2009
Here for the gear

M-Audio Profire 610 + Pro Tools 8 M-Powered

Alright so, my profire 610 + pro tools 8 m-powered is coming in on monday. After reading around several forums I see there are more than few problems with the profire. Aside from the gain input problems, there is alot of fuss about the reliability with the 610 with software such as, Reaper, Acid, Cubase, etc.

So my question is, is the 610 good with pro tools 8 or even reason 4.0.1? Are there any compatability issues I should know about? What are your expierences with the 610? GOod or bad.

I am expecting to do a full blown review on the profire 610 after about a week of testing. (Not one day after like some of you)

This is my 5th interface so I hope all goes well.
I had the toneport, then the lexicon, then FW410, then UX2. the Ux2 was actually a good product for me but I need firewire for speed etc.

THANKS FOR READING!
Old 5th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOFFICIAL View Post
Alright so, my profire 610 + pro tools 8 m-powered is coming in on monday. After reading around several forums I see there are more than few problems with the profire. Aside from the gain input problems, there is alot of fuss about the reliability with the 610 with software such as, Reaper, Acid, Cubase, etc.

So my question is, is the 610 good with pro tools 8 or even reason 4.0.1? Are there any compatability issues I should know about? What are your expierences with the 610? GOod or bad.

I am expecting to do a full blown review on the profire 610 after about a week of testing. (Not one day after like some of you)

This is my 5th interface so I hope all goes well.
I had the toneport, then the lexicon, then FW410, then UX2. the Ux2 was actually a good product for me but I need firewire for speed etc.

THANKS FOR READING!
You will be happy. Enjoy it.
Old 5th July 2009
Here for the gear

thanks for replying. Do you have the 610?
Old 5th July 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

I have the 610 and PT mpowered 8...not one problem, at all..I used the 610 with reaper before I bought PT and it worked great...the pre's sound very good but they really don't kick in until 3 o'clock..but still not noisy..I use a mpa gold with it and It beats the hell out of my digiHave fun!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search