The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How in the world Do I open a Sennheiser Md421
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Maniac

How in the world Do I open a Sennheiser Md421

Im not sure if this questions goes here or not but, My MD421 just stoped working today for no reason what so ever. i wasnt dropped or wet or anything. Im trying to figure out how to get inside to see if some got loose but there are no screw holes or anything. Do any of you guys know ? Thanks!

JP
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Nut

I have no idea, but if you need some parts, I've got one here with a busted casing that's not working at the moment, (I don't think... maybe I should plug it in).
Old 21st August 2005
Whack it really hard with a drum stick?
Old 21st August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Whack it really hard with a drum stick?
Funny, I actually managed to open my drumstick by whacking it really hard with a 421 - in fact my drummer now plays with 421s instead of sticks thumbsup
Cut out that middle part, like feedin the tuna fish mayonnaise

Only problem is, he has to switch to 84s when he plays the ohs, and a 451 when he plays the hat, .......
Old 21st August 2005
OT - (sorry) That would be good - a whole drum track done with expencive drum mic's instead of sticks - U47 on the kick (AS BEATER) etc...

Perhaps someone with a buget that alows for sushi for the PT operators assistant and 3 trucks of producers gear could try that for us and let us know how they got on...!

re mic' repair ..

http://www.lmcaudio.co.uk/techsupport.html
Old 21st August 2005
Han
Lives for gear

There's this small plate with the serial number and there's a small screw under it.
Old 21st August 2005
Gear Maniac

[QUOTE=Han]There's this small plate with the serial number and there's a small screw under it. [/QUOTE

Thanks Hans and Jules. My god, those things are miniature tanks!! The outer casing is hard ass plastic, but inside they have another metal casing. If you pack them pretty good with gun powder, they'll make some pretty good granades. My neighboor is gonna have to watch out now!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search