The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ding...weigh in with your 2cents!
Old 2nd July 2009
Here for the gear

Ding...weigh in with your 2cents!

I just started using the site...just awesome. Thanks for everyone's feedback. I digres....

In my MIC collection I have a Blueberry and a TLM - 103. If you were me and you had to add one mic with $1000 budget which one would you choose????????????????????????????????????

As a breakdown of what I record:

70% rap (vocals)
20% rock & r&b (voals)
10% A. Guitar
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Nut

I'd say a Shure SM7b. They're killer on vocals and can work well for guitar sometimes too.
Old 2nd July 2009
do a search. theres a topic posted like this at least twice a week. us slutz love to imagine what we could have.

personally, id say an audix SCX-25. Superb
Old 2nd July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by myPlatinumSound View Post
I just started using the site...just awesome. Thanks for everyone's feedback. I digres....

In my MIC collection I have a Blueberry and a TLM - 103. If you were me and you had to add one mic with $1000 budget which one would you choose????????????????????????????????????

As a breakdown of what I record:

70% rap (vocals)
20% rock & r&b (voals)
10% A. Guitar
I would buy several less expensive mics, mostly dynamics.

AKG C451
Sennheiser MD 421
Shure SM7
Beyer M88
Beyer M201
EV RE20

Select 3 or 4 of those.
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

a tube mic? maybe a Telefunken USA? they are near $1000-ish

maybe something with variable patterns, like a 4050. for $1000 you could have a new 4050 and a new SM7...you might like the 4050 better than the 103, I know I do.

since the blueberry and the TLM-103 are bright mic's you could use a dark one for diversity in your collection, like a 4047 or a tube mic.
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Paul, check out Gefell. UMT70S is an awesome mic. acouple hundred more than your budget but well worth it. If you're looking for a dynamic then SM7B all the way. Excellent for vocals, guitar cabs, close micing drums. Needs a good amount of clean gain though.
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

From cheaper stuff I like these:

1/ Shure SM 7
2/ Akg C214
3/ Shure KSM 32

maybe saving up a bit more and step up to a higher end....?
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

a pair of hamburgs and an sm7-b.
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Addict

SM7b

Get one and put the change into a nice pre-amp. If you gotta wait to buy the pre...do so. The SM7b is wicked and a lot of the hip-hop guys i know are going for it as a cheap alternative to the ridiculously expensive SONY.
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdick View Post
Get one and put the change into a nice pre-amp. If you gotta wait to buy the pre...do so. The SM7b is wicked and a lot of the hip-hop guys i know are going for it as a cheap alternative to the ridiculously expensive SONY.
the SM7B is no where near a alternative to the C800g. Both mics are great but sonically not even close.

if you want the sony flavor on a budget try out the Peluso VTB (which can be had for $1000 or less)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search