The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Studios in Atlanta Looking for input.
Old 20th August 2005
Here for the gear

Studios in Atlanta Looking for input.

I'm going to be tracking a single in the next three mouths. And I wanted some input on studios around Atlanta. Most of the time i mix in emerald's The Mix Room and Track at 16 Ave. Sound. But this Project does not have the funds or time to go to Nashville. So i wanted some input on studios around Atlanta. I looked at caffeinetrax but I have not worked with an icon yet so i did not want to take that leap on a project with a low budget.
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

what type of music?
Old 20th August 2005
Here for the gear

Country. It would entail a 6 peice band Tracking live plus three backup singers.
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

the best thing would be to look at the client lists of some of the studios, to narrow a few down with the experience in country music.

I'm sure a few ATL gearslutz hear can help u out.

just a few: http://www.atlantamusicguide.com/amg...cording_studio
Old 20th August 2005
member no 666

Tree Sound has a couple of rooms that are to die for and [if I remember correctly] an old Neve in one of the rooms... Southern Tracks has one of the best mic collections on the planet... as far as mixing goes, I think the Stonehenge room at ZAC is my favorite in the city http://www.zacrecording.com/stonehenge_recording.htm and it has a full rental company just across the parking lot for any additional hardware you might require

Best of luck with your search
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

Drive on up to Athens and see me! heh
I moved from ATL...Nickel and dime rocks, Tree is great, Sonica is cool, Ruby Red kicks ass....if you want to PM me I can give you the contact info for all the above and which engineers I dig. Or you could just drive a little further to Athens!
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

my studio will be up and going in 2 weeks :d
but on the real go to Zac recordings. i love it over there..
if not zac check out southern track studios. here's their phone number:404-329-0147
treesound sound studios on peachtree industrial is a great place to record anytype of music.
patchwerk use to be my main spot but since i don't live far from treesound its easy to get there quickly
Old 20th August 2005
Here for the gear

How many of you have worked in tree sound? that looks like the way i'm going to go. but keep the input comming.
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellery
How many of you have worked in tree sound? that looks like the way i'm going to go. but keep the input comming.
i have. just give nina a call and you can book time over there. zack odom is one hell of a engineer over there in any of the studios but their ssl 4000 room is one of the cleanest sounding studios i've heard in Ga.
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Addict

I've worked at Tree Sound a couple of times. Great staff, nice vibe, great lounge, some nice gear and a good cue system. Isolation may be a challenge for a live country tracking date depending on what the instrumentation is. thumbsup
Old 20th August 2005
Tree is very comfortable and high quality, Stonehendge (ZAC recording complex) is great for mixing and Jim Z is one of my favorite people in Atlanta, and Southern Tracks is an established room for good reason.

There are actually a lot of good rooms in Atlanta. Sonica is worth checking out for a tracking room with their API, Silent Sounds and Patchwerk are well-equipped high-end hip hop rooms, and Doppler is an ol' standby, but the old E/G series SSL is a little long in the tooth...
Old 20th August 2005
jho
Lives for gear

Don't let the Icon frighten...besides, we can fit your budget! Tree and ST have plenty of business anyway

Call me or PM,
Jeff
www.caffeinetrax.com
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

Tree does kick buttocks, but you owe it to yourself to give Nickel and Dime a look. Don (the head honcho engineer even won a Grammy this year. ) The live set up is incredible and he has both an API and SSL console!http://www.nickelanddimestudios.net/index.html
Not to mention, he's the nicest guy on earth!
(All this from a competitor!)

Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho
Don't let the Icon frighten...besides, we can fit your budget! Tree and ST have plenty of business anyway

Call me or PM,
Jeff
www.caffeinetrax.com

Nice plug.

Tree is said to be an incredible studio. I haven't personally worked there, but a good friend worked there for a while. He said the place is absolutely amazing, and has a ton of great vibe.
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

Tree is indeed a killer studio. Mike @ Southern is awesome as is his place. There are tons o' rooms in ATL. You may need to better define your budget to get appropriate recommendations.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search