The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mastering houses in LA area
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Mastering houses in LA area

I'm checking on behalf of my client who's recording with me right now. I know there's a million of them but we're looking for a place with some sweet analog gear, a good ME, and some half way resonable prices. I've already talked to him about overcompression and he agrees that he doesn't want to squish it into oblivion.

He will be needing it done around Sept 10 ish as he's on a deadline with the label and we're gonna be recording right down to the wire. So if anybody does this or can refer anybody good please email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Old 19th August 2005
Dave Collins (www.collinsaudio.com) is the best in LA and affordable now that he's independent. If I needed an album mastered out there, he'd be the guy without hesitation...
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for that tip Brad, I'll check it out. I'm just trying to weed out the good from the bad since I won't be able to attend the session and I figured GS would put me on the right path.
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Louie Teran over at marcussen mastering did a great job on a project of mine lately. Loud but not crushed with a great vocal...best sounding mastering room I've been in as well.
-brian
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Dave Collins would be great. He's done a few things for me that I have been very happy with. As an alternative, in case you may need one, I've had great results with Stephen Marsh as well: Threshold Sound + Vision

cheers,
John
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatural
.best sounding mastering room I've been in as well.
-brian
The room was built by Dave Collins.
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

If you don't need to be in the session why not ftp the songs to Brad directly ?
Old 19th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Gavin Lurssen at the Mastering Lab has done a wonderful job for me in the past.
Old 20th August 2005
There are several capable guys, but Dave Collins is who I'd call if I were making a record in L.A. (and not doing it myself).
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzujan
Gavin Lurssen at the Mastering Lab has done a wonderful job for me in the past.
Yup. I've learned so much from him while in there with 4 or 5 projects this year. Fights tooth & nail against the louder/brighter BS as well. Helluva nice guy and everything comes back bigger/fatter/smoother/better, etc...

g

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search