The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
8 Channel DA with ADAT. Options???
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

8 Channel DA with ADAT. Options???

Here's the scenario: I'm thinking about taking the plunge into an Audient Sumo for a bit of summing action. I've been doing a mix thru it and am really liking the results but my weak point is the 002 rack (while doing this mix, I've blagged an RME Fireface to use).

So what I'm looking to do is get an 8 channel DA that will take an ADAT input from the 002r. If I had the dough, I'd plumb for the Rosetta 800 (which I've tried and love) but I can't swing that. So, is there anything out there that will do the job, sound better than the 002 and not get me divorced when she opens the bank statement?
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

da bump

anyone? anyone?
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

Maybe an RME ADI 8 Pro or DS (if you work at 96KHz) would be a suitable substitute; It's the only good sounding converter that has a reasonable price, I guess anything below (think Alesis AI8 or Behringer ADA8000) would be wasted money and you may as well use the Digi's I/O then (plus, wasted money would nudge you a step closer to divorce heh ).

Hope this helps

L.G.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search