The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Eventide H3000 - Possible problem?
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Eventide H3000 - Possible problem?

Hey guys

I have an H3000 on loan that I'm considering buying. I noticed the patches won't scroll consecutively, like blocks of numbers will skip over, and I can't even dial in those missing numbers. Is this something a previous user has set or some sort of malfunction?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Matt
Old 27th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Hey guys

I have an H3000 on loan that I'm considering buying. I noticed the patches won't scroll consecutively, like blocks of numbers will skip over, and I can't even dial in those missing numbers. Is this something a previous user has set or some sort of malfunction?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Matt
Sounds like a malfunction. Maybe it's just my experience with the few pieces (mostly high end) of Eventide I've dealt with, but although they're great pieces of gear when working properly they CAN be temperamental and prone to problems. Your mileage may vary.
Old 27th June 2009
Gear Nut

Try powering on while holding the function button..... then restore factory presets when prompted. Mine gets a little bitchy sometimes, and that usually does the trick.
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks for the replies guys! I tried restoring factory presets but no luck. Ah well, maybe I can get it for cheap. It's still usable at the moment.
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Depending on what model your H3000 is, the presets change. So say a B with long delay card has some patches that SE doesn't and SE has some patches and algos that D doesn't etc. So if your H3000 doesn't have certain patches, it will skip them. That's normal.

There used to be an H3000 history page on the Eventide website but it seems to have gone with their new website hierarchy now. It showed all the differences between H3000 types down to every patch and algo number detail.

B.
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

It's your lucky day today. Here it is:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf H3000 Presets History.pdf (180.5 KB, 2333 views)
Old 27th June 2009
Barish is correct. The model or upgrade determines which algos and presets are in the box. Skipping preset numbers is not a malfunction. I was the eventide sales manager for 7 years
Old 30th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barish View Post
It's your lucky day today. Here it is:
Thanks a bunch Barish! You hit the nail on the head...I was limited due to the model - broadcast version. Thanks gerryg for confirming!

To be honest I wasn't impressed with it. Sounded dated and it's cumbersome in general. I think I'll look into the Eclipse later down the road.

Thanks again guys!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search