The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Aurora 16 and Redco DB25 – what cable?
Old 25th June 2009
Aurora 16 and Redco DB25 – what cable?

Hi guys

I finally decided to jump for a real patchbay and I settled on Redco DB25 bay.
Now - I want to connect all of my Lynx Aurora 16 outs and ins to it, but I am not shure what cable to use it.

Aurora has a 25 DB female ports with Yamaha standard pinout.
Redco is the same but with Tascam pinout.

So my question in – will a standard db25 male - db25 male cable suffice? Do I need to worry about the different pinouts or not?

Will something like this suffice?:
DIGIDESIGN DB25-DB-25 DIGISNAKE 12 - U.K. International Cyberstore

I know I can do that kind of cable at Redco, but cutting a long story short –*I dont have a time to do it at Redco –*I will only buy a patchbay from them.

I would appreciate any tips

Marty
Old 25th June 2009
Lives for gear

Any Dsub25 cable should work. I use one to connect my Aurora 8 to my Redco PB. It works.
Old 25th June 2009
Thans Chris *– then I will go for it .

Peace

M
Old 25th June 2009
Lives for gear

Make sure they know which pinout type to use.

CONNECTIONS
Digital I/O Ports 25-pin female D-sub connectors
Port A: channels 1-8 I/O
Port B: channels 9-16 I/O (Aurora 16 only)
Yamaha pinout standard
Analog I/O Ports 25-pin female D-sub connectors.
Analog In 1-8
Analog In 9-16 (Aurora 16 only)
Analog Out 1-8
Analog Out 9-16 (Aurora 16 only)
Tascam pinout standard
Old 25th June 2009
Well - do You mean the cable manufacturers?

On the one's I want to buy they say:

" DIGIDESIGN DB25-DB-25 DIGISNAKE 12

Digidesign digisnakecable, 12', sub-d25pol male/sub-d 25pol male, compatible with analogconnector of Digidesign, RME, Tascam "

So they mention Tascam. Redco uses Tascam pinout so I am covered here but Aurora uses yamaha pinout - will this cable work? In other words - is Yamaha and Tascam pinout compatibile?

Peace
M
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Aurora uses both pin types. The analog connections use the Tascam pinouts. The digital connections use the Yamaha pinouts. Redco can make both you just need to specify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibralux View Post
Well - do You mean the cable manufacturers?

On the one's I want to buy they say:

" DIGIDESIGN DB25-DB-25 DIGISNAKE 12

Digidesign digisnakecable, 12', sub-d25pol male/sub-d 25pol male, compatible with analogconnector of Digidesign, RME, Tascam "

So they mention Tascam. Redco uses Tascam pinout so I am covered here but Aurora uses yamaha pinout - will this cable work? In other words - is Yamaha and Tascam pinout compatibile?

Peace
M
Old 26th June 2009
So I guess I should be fine. If the Redco PB uses Tascam pinout and the auroras analog ins and outs also use the Tascam pinout, than I should be fine with a cable that is described as „Tascam pinout compatibile” right?

Please confirm
M
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
So I guess I should be fine. If the Redco PB uses Tascam pinout and the auroras analog ins and outs also use the Tascam pinout, than I should be fine with a cable that is described as „Tascam pinout compatibile” right?

Please confirm
M
if by chance you need a Digital cable I had redco make me 2 by accident I only needed one so it is unused..... I would offer it for a good price

cheers
SP
Old 26th June 2009
Jai guru deva om

Honestly I think the best thing is to simply contact REDCO and tell them "I need a DSUB to go from ___ to ___" and it will be done right.

War
Old 26th June 2009
Well - due to various logistical problems I dont have a luxury and time to order the cable at Redco, as much as I would love to ;-)

But I think I should be ok with the cable I mention in previous posts. War– would You mind looking at it? Its under the link in one of the above posts

Peace
M
Old 26th June 2009
Jai guru deva om

Sorry, I did not realize you were in UK (your location not listed).

Since you are buying a REDCO patchbay I would still rely on them for the last word on this.

War
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well - due to various logistical problems I dont have a luxury and time to order the cable at Redco, as much as I would love to ;-)

But I think I should be ok with the cable I mention in previous posts. War– would You mind looking at it? Its under the link in one of the above posts

Peace
M
The cable you mentioned states having Tascam pinouts. So this is what you want for your Analog i/o with Aurora.
Old 26th June 2009
I know*– I sent them an email yesterday and still no reply. I live in Poland and my friend is coming back on Wednesday from US. Normally I would order the cables from Redco, but since they did not reply about the cables issue I cant order them. So I will only buy the bay and sort out the cables here in Europe.

M

P.S Thanks for the confirmation Keith!
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Maniac

"DigiSnake" (DigiDesign) cables ok in the end?

Hi,

Just checking (as I'm looking at a similar setup with Aurora and DB 25 patchbay, amongst other equipment in my setup) .. Did you go with the Digidesign format 12' snakes in the end?

And did everything go well so far?

THANKS!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search