The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ever heard of this Scam?
Old 25th June 2009
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben J View Post

This entire site is all about scamming the scammers.

Welcome to the 419 Eater

Lots of funny stuff there.
Old 25th June 2009
Lives for gear

Don't be a Mugu.

This site has tons of submitted nigerian scams, most of them are pretty hilarious.
Scam o Rama: The Lads from Lagos

The names they choose are usually really obvious because they use two first names rather than a proper surname.

Facebook is becoming a common place for scammers to make a fake profile of someone from your friends list, re-friend you, then hit you up in FB chat with a story about that they're traveling in London and being robbed and asking funds be sent via Western Union.

When I come across these guys on Craigslist I usually **** with them for a bit because they are really easy to make angry. I've already gotten several death threats, but I counter act them with the likes of voodoo curses and they back off.
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
They don't call south Orange County, California, from Newport Beach down to San Clemente, the Costa del Fraud, for nothing.
Ha! Anyplace where the weather's good attracts that element. When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale in the '80s, we used to call it "Fraud Lauderdale". If you want some amusing reading, Google "International Gold Bullion Exchange".
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Nut

It's a scam . I had a mate who fell for this and got taken to court for fraud.
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
They don't call south Orange County, California, from Newport Beach down to San Clemente, the Costa del Fraud, for nothing.
Yeah right, never any scams in L.A. county!!! LBC, what an armpit!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search