The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
JBL LSR4300 - JBLCC Won't Recognize! PLEASE HELP!
Old 23rd June 2009
  #1
Gear Head
 

JBL LSR4300 - JBLCC Won't Recognize! PLEASE HELP!

Hello! I'm absolutly frusterated and desperate for help! I cannot for the life of me get JBLCC to recognize that I have damn speakers connected to my computer through USB!!

running Mac OS x10.5
firmware 2.2 on JBL's

I have tried
Restarting computer
trying different USB cable
tried 1 JBL with left dip switch up only, and it didn't work so I tried the other with Left Dip up only and no dice

I've even tried using only the right dip up (obviously no dice) I can play music through them no problem, but I CAN'T @#&^ING GET MY COMPUTER TO RECOGNIZE THEM AND ITS PISSING ME OFF! PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 23rd June 2009
  #2
Gear Head
 

oh and the really annoying part is, is that it worked just fine about 3 weeks ago
Old 23rd June 2009
  #3
Lives for gear
 
davet's Avatar
 

There is a little tick box on the main screen (I think) that puts it in demo mode on a PC. Not sure about Mac.
This might be switched on???

This is what happened to my setup on a PC.

DaveT
Old 24th June 2009
  #4
Gear Head
 

Thanks. I talked to JBL this morning on the phone and the dude told me that LSR4300 Control Center Software is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. EFF! the weird thing though, is that the first time I ran the software, it seemed to have worked ok, but then i accidently opened it without having the speakers attached and that kicked it into demo mode with no hope of getting it out of demo mode. I tried the software on a different mac running 10.5, same thing. worked fine (so it seemed) the first time, open the software without the speakers plugged in entering demo mode, and then now no hope of getting it out of demo mode. So all in all, JBL hasn't updated the software for 10.5 for any of those out there that are having the same issue, I just thought I'd clarify. I had no luck finding any information anywhere else on the net about this issue or really anything at all from people about anything about the software.
Old 26th September 2009
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Try unchecking the little box

Hey,

I had the same problem, worked for several weeks then stopped, very frustrating

go into the options and see if the checkbox for "demo mode" is checked, I checked and somehow it was checked on mine, unchecked it and everything is great

hope this helps

john
Old 28th September 2009
  #6
Gear Head
 

Thanks I'll try that out tonight.
Old 25th August 2010
  #7
Lives for gear
 
JSt0rm's Avatar
hey everyone. I'm necroing this thread to say there is a 2.5 version with leopard support out.

JBL Pro - Recording & Broadcast
Old 9th September 2010
  #8
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
hey everyone. I'm necroing this thread to say there is a 2.5 version with leopard support out.

JBL Pro - Recording & Broadcast
Thanks I just got these and needed the updated software
Old 12th December 2014
  #9
Gear Head
 
TheDrumschlag's Avatar
 

No chance there's any way to get this to work on 10.8 I'm guessing...? The latest update is Lion compatible, which puts it about 2 years out of date. Doesn't seem as though JBL really supports this software very actively which is pretty frustrating considering the RMC is a major part of what you're paying for in the monitors.
Old 12th December 2014
  #10
Lives for gear
 

I run it on 10.8 and it does work, but also crashes after a while... fwiw I updated the firmware on all the speakers.
Old 12th December 2014
  #11
Gear Head
 
TheDrumschlag's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb4t2 View Post
I run it on 10.8 and it does work, but also crashes after a while... fwiw I updated the firmware on all the speakers.
That did the trick. Thanks!
Old 12th December 2014
  #12
Lives for gear
 

Glad it worked - also make sure you have the ethernet cables hooked up correctly with the little terminator plugs in.
Old 13th December 2014
  #13
make sure the speakers are hooked up right before running any software. All speakers need an ethernet cord going to each other, so if you have a sub that's 3 ethernet cables needed, you can't just connect the two speakers to the sub, you need a cable going to each speaker! By the way I highly recommend the sub for these monitors I wouldn't mix without it. You might not need a sub on all monitors but on these I would require it if I recommended it to anyone

also a good tip for you is make SURE to press this tiny square button on the back of all speakers to match. +4DBu or -10Dbu depending on where the signal is coming from. +4DBu for your pro audio devices but -10DBu for consumer devices. I mixed with these speakers in 2.1 mismatched for a year or two before I saw the button. I always wondered why there was too much bass even with RMC. It sounded like a booming car system. Reading over the manual very closely I noticed this, and pressed it on my sub to match the speakers. and BAM!! sounded incredible!!! I couldn't believe I mixed for that long like that!!!

these are tricky speakers they take a little bit of time to get used to. I have also plugged in an Analog XLR cable to the Digital input (they look exactly the same) then called JBL wondering why it wasn't working, lol *facepalm*. luckily there support is good and the guy already knew I must have plugged in the digital input and told me. Great speakers though, just complicated! The JBL Software works with 10.6.8 and up im pretty sure. I'm using it on 10.9.5 with no problems and have been using it since 10.6 or 10.7
Old 3rd September 2016
  #14
Here for the gear
 

lsr 4328 usb not working cc

any clues as to why the control center won't see that I have usb connected. tried everything listed in prior posts.

pc. win. 10 2.6ghz 24gig ram i7quad
Old 3rd September 2016
  #15
Here for the gear
 

never mind I got it with latest software.
Old 28th June 2019
  #16
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangking View Post
make sure the speakers are hooked up right before running any software. All speakers need an ethernet cord going to each other, so if you have a sub that's 3 ethernet cables needed, you can't just connect the two speakers to the sub, you need a cable going to each speaker! By the way I highly recommend the sub for these monitors I wouldn't mix without it. You might not need a sub on all monitors but on these I would require it if I recommended it to anyone

also a good tip for you is make SURE to press this tiny square button on the back of all speakers to match. +4DBu or -10Dbu depending on where the signal is coming from. +4DBu for your pro audio devices but -10DBu for consumer devices. I mixed with these speakers in 2.1 mismatched for a year or two before I saw the button. I always wondered why there was too much bass even with RMC. It sounded like a booming car system. Reading over the manual very closely I noticed this, and pressed it on my sub to match the speakers. and BAM!! sounded incredible!!! I couldn't believe I mixed for that long like that!!!

these are tricky speakers they take a little bit of time to get used to. I have also plugged in an Analog XLR cable to the Digital input (they look exactly the same) then called JBL wondering why it wasn't working, lol *facepalm*. luckily there support is good and the guy already knew I must have plugged in the digital input and told me. Great speakers though, just complicated! The JBL Software works with 10.6.8 and up im pretty sure. I'm using it on 10.9.5 with no problems and have been using it since 10.6 or 10.7
So are you saying in a 2.1 system, as far as ethernet, you go from sub to L, L to R, R back to to sub and not use the termination plugs? The method you recommend doesn't leave space for the plugs.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump