The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone using a Motu HD192?
Old 28th April 2003
Lives for gear

Anyone using a Motu HD192?

I'm planning on at least testing one of these, but was wondering what the quality of sound was like, and how do you deal with latency?

Thanks in advance.
Imagine
Old 28th April 2003
Gear Maniac

I don't have one but if you use the pci424 card you should have no audible latency. I just bought a 2408MkIII to replace an older 2408 and if you use Direct Hardware Playthrough in DP the Latency seems inaudible. I just got it so I have to try it out in a real world situation. I think I am going to hold out for a Rosetta800.
Old 28th April 2003
Lives for gear

I'm hooking up my HD 192's tonight and going my first serious recording on them. I'll post when i have something worth saying. I think slipperman had some good stuff to say on recpit.
Old 28th April 2003
Could you please also post how do you compare the HD192 to any other converters you had in loco?
Old 29th April 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by XHipHop
HD 192
Catchy name.

-R
Old 29th April 2003
Lives for gear

I can see how they would use direct hardware throughput to eliminate monitor latency but you still can't listen/record live audio with plugs can you? This is what I love about TDM.
drew
Old 29th April 2003
Lives for gear

i have a motu pci424 card,and use the direct output monitoring. since i also tend to use my outboard gear more than plugs, esp for reverbs and such, i don't mind the fact that direct monitoring doesn't utilize the plugs. the monitor mix is created seperately in both programs (PT or anything native with motu hardware, DP in my case), so that's equal work for me either way. with cuemix, i just dial in the right amount of reverb as well as the dry signal and we are cool. sure, i may add more or different eq/compression at the mix stage, but hasn't hindered me in tracking. basically, i'm saying it's no biggie. tdm can be very nice in that regard.

back to the point, im curious to hear more real world comments about the hd192. looks nice. i dont' need one right now, but if i need more analog i/o in my system, it might get the nod.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search