The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Good, Well Priced Monitor for Producing (hooked up to Macbook Pro) / TV / Xbox ect.
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

Good, Well Priced Monitor for Producing (hooked up to Macbook Pro) / TV / Xbox ect.

I'm finding producing on my 15" a bit tiresome so i'm want an external screen. I want a screen for everything so I only have to buy one. I'm not sure if you can watch tv on and play games on many monitors - are there any with an antenna input?

The Mac screens are sheer extortion at £635 for 24"! I'm only looking to pay £150 - £250. IT doesn't have to be for the pro graphic designer or anything.

I've been looking at:

Dell S2409W Full HD Monitor
http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...dt1&sku=180695

Acer 23-inch LCD TFT Monitor

Acer 23-inch LCD TFT Monitor: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Samsung 23" Ecofit widecsreen 16:9
Samsung 23" Ecofit widecsreen 16:9 DVI 2ms LCD TFT: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Old 18th June 2009
Gear Nut

Not sure if it is available in your country (or it may go by a different name), but I got a cheap AOC 22" monitor a few weeks back for $150. 1680x1050. I do some graphic design occasionally and I really can't find any flaws in the colors or display. Seems fine and was crazy cheap. I play 360 on it after I bought a $10 VGA cable, and my computer goes into it with DVI. It doesn't have any TV tuner, but you can buy tuner cards for your computer for dirt cheap these days. Just something to keep in mind, I suppose.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search