The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Access Virus C - how to make own compilation of sounds taken from different soundset? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 18th June 2009
Gear Nut

Access Virus C - how to make own compilation of sounds taken from different soundset?

Hello,
I got Virus C and as I know, only two first banks A and B are writable etc.
I purchased many soundbanks, problem is that it always come in 128-patches packs, so it fulfills whole bank. I would like to use some of the patches but some I don't need.
Can I make my own soundset as a compilation of the patches taken from third-party soundsets? It could be really helpfull, because in every soundset I found some interesting single patches but none of the banks is interesting taken as a whole.
Anybody has idea how to load just one patch instead of the whole bank?
I see option "FORCE TO EDIT BUFFER" but is unclear to me.
[please, don't advice me to tweak sounds - I do it but I need some concrete patches].
cheers

P.S I use Sound Diver attached to Virus.
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

You should be able to do it in Sound Diver.. create a new bank - copy all the patches you want into it.. save and upload. It's been a while since I used SD with my Indigo2 - but if I recall, it wasn't that tricky to do.
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

Soundiver or midi quest.
Old 19th June 2009
Gear Nut

Load up your sounds and force to bank h, then write patches you like from bank h to bank b. Force your new soundset from bank b to bank H then force next soundset to bank g and continue.

Sounddiver is like removing a tooth thru your anusheh
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search