The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Monitor advice needed: NS10/HR824
Old 15th August 2005
Gear Addict

Monitor advice needed: NS10/HR824

Hi guys,

I am hesitating, and looking for insight. (Just so you know, I use my home studio for composing, and basic pre-prod, nothing broadcast, for now.)

I currently have 2 sets of monitors: Yamaha NS10m's and Mackie HR824's.
And I am going back to school for 2 years and looking to get rid of one of the two pairs (for cash).

Something tells me I should keep the NS10s since 1) they do the job. 2) they might preserve better resale value.

That's where I need your input. Do you think that the NS10's price will continue rising over the next 2-3 years? If they do, I might hold on to them.

I am tortured because I love the Hr824's sound.
Any input appreciated!
Old 15th August 2005
Lives for gear

i would say yes. they ain't better made anymore. So that make the demand for a good pair high, so the price with increase also, to a point
Old 15th August 2005
Jai guru deva om

NS10's may or may not continue to rise, who knows. With all of the powered monitors on the market I'd say there's a 50/50 chance they'll get very high in price. I just sold a set of NS10's for a friend on eBay for $700 in mint condition, and the buyer was very happy. I typically see them sell for $450 or so in decent shape anyhow.

If you're going to continue to work and the HR824's are doing it for you (I use them also) then that's not a real good move to dump them for a few bucks now. Is there anything else you could dump out of your rig if this is the case?

War

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search