The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Monitor advice needed: NS10/HR824
Old 15th August 2005
Gear Addict

Monitor advice needed: NS10/HR824

Hi guys,

I am hesitating, and looking for insight. (Just so you know, I use my home studio for composing, and basic pre-prod, nothing broadcast, for now.)

I currently have 2 sets of monitors: Yamaha NS10m's and Mackie HR824's.
And I am going back to school for 2 years and looking to get rid of one of the two pairs (for cash).

Something tells me I should keep the NS10s since 1) they do the job. 2) they might preserve better resale value.

That's where I need your input. Do you think that the NS10's price will continue rising over the next 2-3 years? If they do, I might hold on to them.

I am tortured because I love the Hr824's sound.
Any input appreciated!
Old 15th August 2005
Lives for gear

i would say yes. they ain't better made anymore. So that make the demand for a good pair high, so the price with increase also, to a point
Old 15th August 2005 | Show parent
Jai guru deva om

NS10's may or may not continue to rise, who knows. With all of the powered monitors on the market I'd say there's a 50/50 chance they'll get very high in price. I just sold a set of NS10's for a friend on eBay for $700 in mint condition, and the buyer was very happy. I typically see them sell for $450 or so in decent shape anyhow.

If you're going to continue to work and the HR824's are doing it for you (I use them also) then that's not a real good move to dump them for a few bucks now. Is there anything else you could dump out of your rig if this is the case?

War
📝 Reply