The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
High end studios in a barn or church
Old 25th June 2009
Gear Addict

Larry,

Didn't Allaire close?

Dreamland is a really nice studio. I've been in both Allaire and Dreamland and they both have really nice rooms, although there aren't many spaces in the world that can compare to Allaire. The whole atmosphere at Allaire is out of this world, on top of a mountain.

Dreamland's console is modded and is supposed to be one of 4 like it in the world.
Old 25th June 2009
Lives for gear

+1 for Echo Mountain. Sick vintage mics, Neve room and API room, cool people.
Old 25th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I will be recording there in April of 2011!!!!
Old 25th June 2009
Barns are cool, but I've found it best to remove the animals and their feces first.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 25th June 2009
Gear Addict

Here are two rooms that I have a lot of first hand experience with. Both are excellent!

Edie Road Recording Studio - Upstate New Yorks Premier Recording Studio
Built in a old barn. Nice on-site accommodations

THE BARBER SHOP STUDIOS
Built in an old church, located on a lake.

Last edited by thedoner; 25th June 2009 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: I can't spell
Old 25th June 2009
The live room I'm building will, when completed, and by cosmic coincidence, have approximately the dimensions of St. Kevin's Cathedral (in Glendaloch, County Wicklow, Ireland):

My walls are a lot thinner (only 2' thick at the corners) because we're using steel-reinforced concrete instead of the stone-mud-and-miracle methods of 700AD.

It's starting to look holy in my eyes:

It's built in the location of the old barn, which I'm told used to house animals 100 years ago. So maybe it will have both the church and the barn vibe!
Old 25th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotwmusic View Post
Ocean Way Nashville....

whats up with that place these days ? didn't belmont purchase it ?

do they still book outside sessions ?

just curious. killer room...just killer. love drums in that room.

cheers,

jch
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Vinsick View Post
Larry,

Didn't Allaire close?

Dreamland is a really nice studio. I've been in both Allaire and Dreamland and they both have really nice rooms, although there aren't many spaces in the world that can compare to Allaire. The whole atmosphere at Allaire is out of this world, on top of a mountain.

Dreamland's console is modded and is supposed to be one of 4 like it in the world.
Allaire is apparently available for work if you provide your own assistant and tech. Not sure the specifics though.....

And the desk at Dreamland is one of the best desks I've ever used. It sounds incredible, and it's flexibility is unrivaled in a desk of that vintage. The church sounds amazing, and while it may not be the "newest and freshest" building on the block, that bothers me not one bit. Great place to work for sure.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search