The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RME Fireface, how's that sound?
Old 11th August 2005
Lives for gear

RME Fireface, how's that sound?

Thinkin about ditching the digi 002 idea, grabbing logic pro instead. Someone suggested using the money I save with the $500 apple rebate on logic towards and RME Fireface. Anyone with any experience using these? How do the mic pres sound? Any latency issues? More or less, is it worth the hype?
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrif08
Thinkin about ditching the digi 002 idea, grabbing logic pro instead. Someone suggested using the money I save with the $500 apple rebate on logic towards and RME Fireface. Anyone with any experience using these? How do the mic pres sound? Any latency issues? More or less, is it worth the hype?

I have an RME Fireface at my studio and here at my house. I highly reccomend it. For the price range, its definitely the best you can get in terms of pre's/converter type modules. The limiter works really well.
Old 11th August 2005
Here for the gear

I compared every firewire interface with a Prism ADA 8 and the winner, for that price, is FireFace. You can't go worng with it: no latency problem, good sound very organic, good pre and facilities, only the software is a bit complex in respect of other audio firewire interfaces
Luca
Old 11th August 2005
Lives for gear

How far from the Prism from the Fireface? Just curious. Love my Fireface.
Old 12th August 2005
Jai guru deva om

RME makes solid stuff and the drivers are excellent in my experience.

War
Old 12th August 2005
Gear Addict

I've been using a Fireface with my G5/Logic for 8 months and it's one of the best sounding and most trouble free pieces of gear I own. One of the best interface options out there right now.

Orren

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search