The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How do I trnsfer files from Alesis HD24 to computer?
Old 10th August 2005
Here for the gear

How do I trnsfer files from Alesis HD24 to computer?

Hello all -- Someone has sent me an Alesis drive for use in an HD24 -- just the drive, and also a FirePort. BUT , I have no cables or connectors for this thing. I need to get the files out of this thing into my Mac. Would some kind soul please explain to me, very clearly, what I need to get cable-wise to transfer the files to my Mac. Thank you VERY MUCH in advance..
Old 10th August 2005
Here for the gear

Kindly ignore me ---- At the time I posted, I did not have the FirePort in my possesion. Now that I do, I see that it will be very brainless. Sorry for jumping the gun....
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

I was going to say an Ethernet cable and some FTP software, but the Firewire card is way faster I'm sure.

Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

You will also need the software from Alesis. If you plug in the drive with out it, your only option will be to format the drive, which might not be what you are after.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search