The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
anyone tried the Focusrite 428 ??
Old 25th April 2003
Lives for gear

anyone tried the Focusrite 428 ??

I'm looking for a few more pream and was interested in checking out the Focusrite 428. Since i can't really test drive the unit unless i buy it, i would like to hear some comments/opinions about the 428.
I already own 6 Daking Pre/Eq wich i really love. Thanks for your inputs.
Old 27th April 2003
Gear Maniac

it'll be the same as everything ISA range, I asked this question, and got no reply.

Mr Neve made a few pre-amp's in his time, in his laterish years he formed Focusrite and left when it went bad. They own the rights to what he made with them. Then came AMS Neve, he joined them and left again but they too own a bit of Neve.

I think Focusrite are a good maker of pre's, however they don't fit with the kudos of old gear (reason you didn't get answer).

Microphones are more important than really good pre's.

The 428 is a good buy, clean, bit of colour. Get one use it for Acoustic, the odd backing voc, lead guitar. Then buy some serious coloured pre's for BDrum, snare, elec guitar, and the voc.

Laters dude

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search