The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tascam US2400 joystick with Protools
Old 10th August 2005
Gear Addict

Tascam US2400 joystick with Protools

So.. the 2400 rocks. my main use for it, Fading, soloing and muting (lots of soloing and muting... Oh how i LOVE ADR and VO work). the faders are great (not like the ProControl though). and the rotary leds as meters is a usefull feature, but i rely on my PPMs anyway.

Clear Solos is a brilliant button that i missed when i sold my Pro Control... so i am happy its back.

I do surround work and love the fact that there is a joystick. however i am hating one thing. it seems that to use the joystick (as now it is mapping as a MCS Panner) one have to press the "Null" button while using it, as the Null buton acts like the MCS Panner's Takeover switch.

the problem is this. on the MCS panner the takerover function was on the "Z" axis of the joystick so basically grab the stick press down a little and go have fun panning. this is not the case with the US2400. One has to press the "Null" buttpn to use the joystick.

So you could say that really is not too much of a problem. and i would agree. BUT, I like being efficient, and after a few years of building good mixing habits of joystick panning while fader riding, i do not want to stop doing that now.

it would seem logical that one should be able to be riding a fader whilest panning the material as well. it could be argued that this is still possible, BUT try it yourself. the "Null" button is hard to keep a finger one when making swift and accurate panning movements with the rest of that same hand. So to pan efficiently and accurately one has to have one hand pressing the "Null" button and another panning the stick.

UGH

sorry for being long winded. this just gets far under my skin.

and it must be easily able to be solved. IF not, i am getting out my soldering iron, ading a 1/4 inch jack iin the back (to use with a footswitch), and overriding the null button with that footswitch. and of course then Voiding my warrantee. Argh this is ludicrous

where is firmware update 1.3????

oh an i am on PT 6.4.1 Mix Cubed it integreates fine and all works well. i think that TaSCAM just didn't "get it"

and their tech support.. HA.. none of them have even used it with Pro Tools. USELESS and when i asked to be transfered to an R&D engineer they refused, even the tech supp manager refuesed. He wants me to write a letter requesting it be changed, and then maybe i will get a response from an R&D engineer.

Any Ideas or input, and anyone feel the same about this
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Addict

bump

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search