The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Prodipe pro 8 vs Tascam VLA8 Studio Monitors
Old 1st June 2009
Here for the gear

Prodipe pro 8 vs Tascam VLA8

Hi guys, brand spanking new to the site but been using it as reference for ages. been looking at monitors and read alot of your reviews, seems though that the 2 i am looking at round my price range has no writeups anywhere. i missed out on an ebay auction for 2 of the old gen RP8's witch are my first choice, i must have 8" drivers and i really want a good spectrum of sound that references well.

TASCAM

Prodipe : The least expensive of the well-known brands

i cant find any actual user reviews on these and would greatly appreceate real feedback on these
Old 1st June 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmjay View Post
Hi guys, brand spanking new to the site but been using it as reference for ages. been looking at monitors and read alot of your reviews, seems though that the 2 i am looking at round my price range has no writeups anywhere. i missed out on an ebay auction for 2 of the old gen RP8's witch are my first choice, i must have 8" drivers and i really want a good spectrum of sound that references well.

TASCAM

Prodipe : The least expensive of the well-known brands

i cant find any actual user reviews on these and would greatly appreceate real feedback on these
bumpsky
Old 1st June 2009
Here for the gear

ok, painstakingly i have been translating the reviews posted in a french forum on the Prodipe pro 8's, seems like they are seasonably comparible with the krk's exept with a better mid range. it would be nice to know if any one here has used them.... i also did speak to one of the guys in a shop that sells both the krk rp6 and the prodipe pro 8's and he recons the sound on the prodipe's are better, unfortunately for me the place that sells them is too far to go round and compare....

anyone have any experience on the Tascam VLA8 's? ( TASCAM VL-A8 )(that one is just 4 google)
Old 1st June 2009
Here for the gear

consider it bumped

bump
Old 2nd June 2009
Here for the gear

bump

i am really surprised that none of you have any first hand experience with either of these
Old 8th June 2009
Here for the gear

good quality monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmjay View Post
i am really surprised that none of you have any first hand experience with either of these
been playing around with these and am very happy with my purchase, they are quite big but packs a fair amount of punch without having to crank em up all the way. i will be putting them through a session today and review them further, please pass on any questions

Last edited by mdmjay; 8th June 2009 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: html didn't work
Old 13th July 2009
Here for the gear

I just purchased the Tascam VL-A8`s and will do a review when I receive them.I was also considering the same two choices.I got a deal on the Tascam`s I could not pass up.I could only find two very favorable reviews on them so I took a chance. After listening to all the brands at GC in my price range and having dislikes in one area or another with all of them.I decided I could not do much worse with the Tascam`s.

Seems everyone is stuck on the same three or four popular brands and I have a feeling our choices may represent a very good value to those.

Interested in your follow up review on the Prodipe`s.
Old 20th August 2009
Here for the gear

Tascam VL-A8

Any more news on the Tascam VL-A8's. I am considering buying a pair and am anxious to hear a report. I have found very few reviews online for these.
dr
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search