The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
room treatment :: wisest $100?
Old 21st August 2005
Gear Nut

thanks for everyone's responses.
Old 22nd August 2005
Gear Addict

The studio tips corner absorbers are probably the best bang for the buck, by far IMO
Old 22nd August 2005
Gear Addict
See if you can find a company that supplies stage theater curtains. When they install new ones sometimes they'll keep a few the old ones that are in good shape. I bought 30' x 40' of heavy duty curtain for $100. Then I paid someone almost $300 to get them cut to fit the particular space, but that may not be necessary in your case.

It's alot of material and very effective.
Old 22nd August 2005
Gear Nut

Just to add in..

I've got a small control room. BUt with the addition of a couch, some book shelves from IKEA (the "billy" version") filled with all kinds of books and magazines, along with Roxol 60 covered in fabric in the corners and bracing the right angle between the ceiling and the wall in front of me, It sound a whole lot better now. Granted a bit more than $100.

I think i paid $180 for 3 packages of Roxol.
the fabric was the expensive stuff at $6 a yard.
Can't remember how much the book shelves were, i think $80.
The couch was donated by a roommate.

plus, all of this now only makes it sound better, it makes it look better and a hell of a lot more comfortable to be in.
Old 23rd August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer
Repro,

Also, when using rigid fiberglass as a bass trap, it's imperative that the front and rear be left open. I've seen commercial traps with plywood or Masonite behind the rigid fiberglass, and that negates most of the absorption at bass frequencies.

--Ethan
Just to add to that make sure you space them off the wall about 4"..
Another idea, if you don't care about the looks, you can take fluffy fiberglass and just stack it in the corners. You don't even have to take the plastic off.. Not sure if any of you said that one.. Cheap, but not so good looking..

Hey Seawell YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn
GIK Acoustics
www.gikacoustics.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search