The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES to Analog Converter
Old 28th May 2009
Lives for gear

AES to Analog Converter

Anybody know of an "affordable" AES to Analog Converter with DB-25 connectors? 8 Channels
Old 29th May 2009

The Aphex 144 and 141 combo might fit your needs...

-tINY

Old 22nd February 2010
Gear Maniac

sorry to bring this out of the dungeon, but...

that seems to be adat to analog, or aes to adat, what about aes to analog, so we can keep above that 48k adat limit?
Old 23rd February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore View Post
Anybody know of an "affordable" AES to Analog Converter with DB-25 connectors? 8 Channels
There is not one!!! The best way to go is to get a RME Fireface 800 off ebay for $1000 and get a db25 trs adapters. You can just use the regualr fw 400 slot off it at full preformance!! For AES there is lynx aurora 8 - 2 g's- over priced- and your gonna have to drop $800-$1500 on a pci card to take the signal!! SSL alpha link aes- which is 3g's!!! Or for really affordable - Behringer ada800 - great adat converters for the price!!
Old 23rd February 2010
Gear Maniac

Sounds like it's cheaper just to buy a second 192i/o...
Old 23rd February 2010
Gear Maniac

That wasn't too snarky, the thing is with audio there are so many small shops that do good work but don't pay millions in advertising, and sweetwater and guitar center etc only carry so much, and usually the same stuff. It's always worth it to ask your fellow slut. Would have never heard of black lion audio, for example.
Old 23rd February 2010
Lives for gear

I guess so, but an AES-format ADDA is a pretty standard thing... I check sweetwater, GC, vintageking, and mercenary -- if one of them don't carry it, I let the bolder, richer sluts play guinea pig... that's just me... my personal workflow is to define a budget, define a set of requirements for the functionality, identify a range including 3-5 products, and then *search* here because every audio item I've ever heard of or looked for HAS been discussed here already... really... between the reviews, manufacturer's marketing, and a realistic evaluation of what the price point probably means for the audio quality, I've got everything I need to make a decision (except, of course, actually hearing the damn thing...)
Old 23rd February 2010
Lynx Aurora 8?
Old 23rd February 2010
Gear Head

Mytek makes an 8 channel adda with aes to analog. It is a costly unit, but it's one of the best converters available.
Old 19th August 2011
Lives for gear

Anyone ?

I only know the Mamba one but its at 44/48khz only!
Old 19th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
Lynx Aurora 8?
That's right

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search