The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
logic pro...digi 002.... or both?
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

logic pro...digi 002.... or both?

I am looking at buying a G5 but am not sure which recording software I should use. I was thinking digi 002 all along, but now mac is offering a $500 dollar rebate on Logic Pro... which is half off. I am looking to record small bands along with working on a number of MIDI based hip hop projects. Does one really out do the other? I'm thinking about just getting both, but am not sure if the two work well together or if that would just be a waste of $500.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

can you link to where that rebate is? i haven't seen it.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

choose your software first, then your hardware, is always my advice.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrif08
I am looking at buying a G5 but am not sure which recording software I should use. I was thinking digi 002 all along, but now mac is offering a $500 dollar rebate on Logic Pro... which is half off. I am looking to record small bands along with working on a number of MIDI based hip hop projects. Does one really out do the other? I'm thinking about just getting both, but am not sure if the two work well together or if that would just be a waste of $500.
If you plan top use a lot of midi then it is a no brainer- Logic all the way.
If you wanna play ball with Protools, then I'd recommmend a HD rig anyway.

Regardless, you 500 bucks saving could be put towards an RME Fireface.

I'm using a HD 2 rig but running Logic as primary sequencer- it is mostly great but has its quirks.
If I had my time again and decided not to commit to TDM then a super fast G5 with loads of RAM, a Fireface and some great outboard would yield some pretty cool results.

JR
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop
can you link to where that rebate is? i haven't seen it.
For the fine people in the US:
http://www.apple.com/promo/logicpro/

For my fellow Canadians:
http://www.apple.com/ca/promo/logicpro/
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

BTW, my suggestion is to take advantage of the Apple promo, get the Power CPU and Logic Pro and an M-Audio interface.

Then if you decide you want to use Pro Tools LE/M-Powered, then you can always get that later.

The M-Audio drivers are way better and have much lower latency for Logic and in the end you'll spend less than if you go with a Digidesign interface.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search