The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
cd cover software
Old 6th August 2005
Gear Maniac

cd cover software

what software you use to print out quick cd covers/labels for clients, mastering studio's etc?

i've been trying a few, but they all have a contrived way of working to me.
it needs to be fast & simple and look professional.
i just need to add some simple text and or a simple logo.

thanks
Old 6th August 2005
I just use my photo editor (in my case Paint Shop Pro, because I'm too cheap to buy Photoshop).

In the past I used it, also, for adhesive labels, grabbing templates off the label manufacturers website (and making the template an 'invisible' layer in my graphic as a guide).

But ai recently got a cheap Epson that prints directly on CDs (just don't set a wet drink down on one of them afterwards) and the software it comes with is clunky, but allows you to position graphics and text -- including the CD-Label 'grail' of 'curve to fit' text (looks stupid but you gotta do it once or twice, just 'cause it's there.)
Old 6th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1
I just use my photo editor (in my case Paint Shop Pro, because I'm too cheap to buy Photoshop).

In the past I used it, also, for adhesive labels, grabbing templates off the label manufacturers website (and making the template an 'invisible' layer in my graphic as a guide).

But ai recently got a cheap Epson that prints directly on CDs (just don't set a wet drink down on one of them afterwards) and the software it comes with is clunky, but allows you to position graphics and text -- including the CD-Label 'grail' of 'curve to fit' text (looks stupid but you gotta do it once or twice, just 'cause it's there.)
Hey, which model Epson is that? Seems like it would be a cool pick-up...
Then what kind of CD's do you have to use? And hows the quality?
Old 7th August 2005
There is only one

R200 @ R320... i have the R320.

i use professional design software, but then again.... i do design professionally. im anal about this stuff.
Old 7th August 2005
Gear Maniac

I'm using the Epson R300 -- $104 USD after rebate. It's a cheap printer, and the tray is flimsy, and the CD's have a matte and not shiny surface... but it works!

The included software will let you do basic labeling, and you can import a bitmap, but you'll want better graphics software for a professional look. Actually that won't help much if you're not a graphic designer, but this is much better than a stick-on label.
Old 7th August 2005
Gear Maniac

We Use a clunky program called "Labels Unlimited" for the jewel case cards ( I don't think it is even made anymore). For printing on the CD faces, we use printable CDs with a Primera Signature III printer that works great. We use Corel Draw software for the design.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search