The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pefect ProTools Mouse?
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Nut

Pefect ProTools Mouse?

Finally, what seems to be the perfect ProTools mouse. The best feature is diagonal scrolling! Windoze compatible. Yes!

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

DD.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Logitech Marble Mouse. It has a ball in the center toward the top and a button on either side. It's complete symetrical looking. You'll find it at your local computer store for about $30. It changed my life.
Old 4th August 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by absrec
Logitech Marble Mouse. It has a ball in the center toward the top and a button on either side. It's complete symetrical looking. You'll find it at your local computer store for about $30. It changed my life.
Is that ball a scroll ball or is it like one of those big track ball mice? I think the idea of the Apple one is that the ball is used for scrolling like when you're zoomed into a large picture.
Old 4th August 2005
There is only one

i thought the ICON was supposed to be the perfect PT mouse?
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttooth21
Is that ball a scroll ball or is it like one of those big track ball mice? I think the idea of the Apple one is that the ball is used for scrolling like when you're zoomed into a large picture.
Well, he did say windows (or windoze) compatible. A friend of mine turned me on to this particular mouse (or track ball, which it truely is) and between that and a few key shortcuts like the smart tool, it has helped me get to a point where my clients can not believe how fast I edit. Everytime I use the standard apple mouse, I feel crippled. Don't get me wrong. It will take a second to get used to it, but then again, eveything does.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

I'm sorry, I thought this whole time you were asking for opinions. My bad...
Old 4th August 2005
Jai guru deva om

Looks interesting, but I'm using a Microsoft Trackball Optical which fits very well for right handers.

http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/in...24d3d&type=ovr

Me likey. Then again, mouse selection is about as personal as monitor selection...

War
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
Me likey. Then again, mouse selection is about as personal as monitor selection...

War
I hear ya!
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajerk
i thought the ICON was supposed to be the perfect PT mouse?

I could've sworn the same thing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search