The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Presonus or Lexicon
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

Presonus or Lexicon

Hi all,
I am new to this board, but wanted to get your opinion on something. I am looking for a system to use with my laptop at school and have come down to the Presonus Firepod or Firebox or the Lexicon Omega. Any opinion on these?
Also I have a two year old laptop with an Intel Pentium M 567 and 512 RAM. Will this be sufficient for these pieces of equipment?
Thanks a lot.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

How many tracks are you hoping to record? How many simulataneously? Do you have an external HD yet?

Which OS is on your machine? Have you thought about getting more ram?

Did you check out the Fireface 800? sorry, couldn't resist... : )

Tom
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

Thanks for the reply.....sorry about the mistake too, it is a 1.4Ghz Pentium M; I am running Windows XP as well.......
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

Oh yeah, and I would want to record up to 4 right now, but the Firepod with 8 is tempting for the future.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

It is nice to have the capability of 8 channels and all of the preamps necessary right in one rack unit with the Firepod.

This is my main interface right now and I like it a lot. I really think the sound quality is excellent and there are a quite a few options to work with.

This is a great box if you are starting out or working with a limited budget.

I did read that the new version of Cubase LE (what comes with the Firepod) is now limited to 4 tracks of simultaneous recording. The previous version 1.07 as opposed to the new 1.08 can handle 10 tracks simultaneously. That is something to consider, and is another good reason to buy it used, especially if you don't already have a high end DAW.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search