The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help! Phoenix Audio DRS-2 broken?
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Nut

Help! Phoenix Audio DRS-2 broken?

I have a DRS-2 with serial number 118. I noticed popping and clicks happening at random for a while after I turn my unit on( in the left channel). Sometimes the pops and clicks happen to come up after the unit has been on for some time. Also, whenever I engage the 48v button I get a loud pop in my speakers (in both channels). With the other 3 buttons, its not as bad. Is there anybody else that has had this problem witht the drs-2? if so, how did you correct it?

Ive tried changing everything in the signal chain, mic, mic cable, cable from pre to interface, monitor cables, different monitors, so Im pretty sure that its the DRS-2

could it be a voltage problem?
Also, does anybody know where I might be able to send my unit for repair? I live in Hawaii, but Im used to shipping out....please help!
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Guru

can't say for sure about the clicking and popping, but the POP when you engage 48v is normal. turn your speakers down before you do it.

have you tried spraying a little caig into the pots and massaging them? that'll clear up any issues with dirty pots.

gregoire
del ubik

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search