The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Did anyone ever compare Emes Black to Violett?
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Maniac

Did anyone ever compare Emes Black to Violett?

how is the low end response of both? which difference did you hear between them?
thanks
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Guru

these look nice ... never heard either one

that distributor is not in the cool circle, but they're still cool ...
Old 3rd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey
these look nice ... never heard either one

that distributor is not in the cool circle, but they're still cool ...

yeah. The Synthaxe guys don't hold the glamor position that others do, but they are hands down some of my favorite people in the business. They've consistently chosen the best stuff to rep and built the names of some amazing companies- RME and Samplitude primary among them. Their tech support is great and they never bull**** you. Plus they drink real good.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

What is the cool circle???????

I have lots of cool friends...like Rob! : )))) And...um...um...well, I ran out of money so that's all I could afford...but we are working on it!!!! And soon we WILL be cool...I mean it...man!

If you guys have any questions about our products just give me a shout...

All my best,

Tom Sailor

[email protected]
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthaxUS
What is the cool circle???????

I have lots of cool friends...like Rob! : )))) And...um...um...well, I ran out of money so that's all I could afford...but we are working on it!!!!
So does that mean you're going to ditch me when you can afford better?! If you'd like, I could charge you more to be my friend. From now on when you're in the city, I demand the 2 dollar lapdances in Sunnyside.

Anyway, I'm really hoping you can say you'll be staying a few extra days after the AES show- I've got a record in the studio from the 6th to the 11th of October and won't really be in much of a position to get away- it's actually got a budget and I have to be all responsible instead of telling people to screw off so I can drink wine all day and run around looking at gear.

Hope all is good,

rob
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

We are tenatively coming to NYC later this month for some dealer training and some VIP visits...Rob...I will try to fit you into my deluge of VIP's!

One day the world will be free of those pesky Venerial Infected Persons!!!!!
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for the love, baby. I'll give you a call at the office sometime soon and we can catch up.

r.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

Fur sure!

How about those EMES Monitors....
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

BTW, to answer the original question, the bass response is pretty much the same, since the woofers are the same size. All the EMES speakers in that size range have good, balanced low-end. There's no effort to exaggerate or use the porting to get too deep. They work well on both natural and artificial kicks and basses (I own an Owl system, which is basically a pair of Violets strapped together.)

The difference is more in the relationship of the mids to the highs. Like all coax speakers, the Blacks have what seems to be a brighter midrange when listening to material mixed on other speakers since they don't have the time issues that other speakers have. You have to mix with more clarity and open-ness to your mids to work well with them. If you're a person whose mixes are often a bit bright or weighted to the midrange, then the Black is a great speaker- it will leave your mixes a little more mellow in the rest of the world. But if you tend to make your mixes more dull, then they will probably exaggerate this, so go with the Violets.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search