The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
So, tell me about your TUBE-TECH CL 1B Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 5th May 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Jeff16years's Avatar
 

So, tell me about your TUBE-TECH CL 1B

So, tell me about your TUBE-TECH CL 1B.

i am getting the feeling that i NEED one of these.....


thoughts?
Old 5th May 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Rick Sutton's Avatar
 

can't have mine. you'll have to get your ownheh



Wish I had 4 of them.
Old 5th May 2009
  #3
Moderator
 
TonyBelmont's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff16years View Post
So, tell me about your TUBE-TECH CL 1B.

i am getting the feeling that i NEED one of these.....


thoughts?
It's a very good compressor. Do you NEED one? Well, what other compressors do you have right now?
Old 8th May 2009
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Jeff16years's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
It's a very good compressor. Do you NEED one? Well, what other compressors do you have right now?
my only other hardware comps are 2 Disstressors.
I also have 4 RNC's all racked up but for some reason, i don't use them.

i'm thinking the tube tech would be a major player in my vocal chain.

thanks.
-Jeff
Old 8th May 2009
  #5
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 

the cl1b would be a nice addition to what you have. imo it is one of the best vocal compressors around. especially for tracking.
Old 8th May 2009
  #6
I met my CL-1B in a little sidewalk cafe in Rome in '98. It was early summer and the sun was turning the old ivy covered walls golden, and there was a faint scent of jasmine in the light breeze. I wasn't looking for a compressor. In fact I was there because I'd just let a compressor go, and I needed to just get away and have time to digest the whole experience and put it into perspective, and frankly I was feeling a little bitter.

But then, I looked up, and there it was. I'll never forget it. I was just frozen in my seat and couldn't move. Everyone in the whole place was looking at it, and clearly it was way out of my league. But, it immediately became obvious who those tubes were glowing for. I could feel the resentment from the other guys in the cafe. Damn Americans coming over here with their exotic accents and taking all the hot compressors.

It's something I'm sure I'll be thinking about as lie on my deathbed. One of those experiences that made the whole stupid charade all worth it.
Old 9th May 2009
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Rick Sutton's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
I met my CL-1B in a little sidewalk cafe in Rome in '98. It was early summer and the sun was turning the old ivy covered walls golden, and there was a faint scent of jasmine in the light breeze. I wasn't looking for a compressor. In fact I was there because I'd just let a compressor go, and I needed to just get away and have time to digest the whole experience and put it into perspective, and frankly I was feeling a little bitter.

But then, I looked up, and there it was. I'll never forget it. I was just frozen in my seat and couldn't move. Everyone in the whole place was looking at it, and clearly it was way out of my league. But, it immediately became obvious who those tubes were glowing for. I could feel the resentment from the other guys in the cafe. Damn Americans coming over here with their exotic accents and taking all the hot compressors.

It's something I'm sure I'll be thinking about as lie on my deathbed. One of those experiences that made the whole stupid charade all worth it.
Be careful Dean, that glow is enticing but you can get burned.
Old 9th May 2009
  #8
You funny. You make me raff :-)
Old 9th May 2009
  #9
CLH
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
I met my CL-1B in a little sidewalk cafe in Rome in '98. It was early summer and the sun was turning the old ivy covered walls golden, and there was a faint scent of jasmine in the light breeze. I wasn't looking for a compressor. In fact I was there because I'd just let a compressor go, and I needed to just get away and have time to digest the whole experience and put it into perspective, and frankly I was feeling a little bitter.

But then, I looked up, and there it was. I'll never forget it. I was just frozen in my seat and couldn't move. Everyone in the whole place was looking at it, and clearly it was way out of my league. But, it immediately became obvious who those tubes were glowing for. I could feel the resentment from the other guys in the cafe. Damn Americans coming over here with their exotic accents and taking all the hot compressors.

It's something I'm sure I'll be thinking about as lie on my deathbed. One of those experiences that made the whole stupid charade all worth it.

Yeah well, those Italians already stole it from us!
Old 12th May 2009
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Jeff16years's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
I met my CL-1B in a little sidewalk cafe in Rome in '98. It was early summer and the sun was turning the old ivy covered walls golden, and there was a faint scent of jasmine in the light breeze. I wasn't looking for a compressor. In fact I was there because I'd just let a compressor go, and I needed to just get away and have time to digest the whole experience and put it into perspective, and frankly I was feeling a little bitter.

But then, I looked up, and there it was. I'll never forget it. I was just frozen in my seat and couldn't move. Everyone in the whole place was looking at it, and clearly it was way out of my league. But, it immediately became obvious who those tubes were glowing for. I could feel the resentment from the other guys in the cafe. Damn Americans coming over here with their exotic accents and taking all the hot compressors.

It's something I'm sure I'll be thinking about as lie on my deathbed. One of those experiences that made the whole stupid charade all worth it.

wow, very nice story

....Kinda makes me feel a little lonely. Not that I don't love my 2 disstressors but...

...tubes

....wow
Old 12th May 2009
  #11
Lives for gear
 
mdjice's Avatar
 

I'm thinking about trading my la2a for a cl1B...I love the la2a but the cl1 is way more versatile during tracking.
Old 13th May 2009
  #12
Gear Nut
 

I like mine.

I consider them transparent... not much color. They get used a lot (in Nashville) on e-bass and vocals.

When I say Nashville, I just mean the usual Nashville sound. Session players/country tones.

Last edited by Ravenclaw; 13th May 2009 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: explain "Nashville"
Old 13th May 2009
  #13
Lives for gear
 
dandeurloo's Avatar
I used one mixing a record once and ever since then I have always wanted one. They are cool. Don't get the stereo unit that has LED meters. I have no Idea why but it doesn't sound near as cool as the mono unit.
Old 13th May 2009
  #14
Moderator
 
James Lugo's Avatar
 

Female vocal heaven. Rent one and see if it's for you. I will probably never sell mine, it just sounds right.
Old 13th May 2009
  #15
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 'LA' Lugo View Post
Female vocal heaven. Rent one and see if it's for you. I will probably never sell mine, it just sounds right.
How much would renting one cost?
Old 13th May 2009
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Jeff16years's Avatar
 

yeah, it is confirmed, i need one.
and I need 3k to buy one
Old 16th May 2009
  #17
Lives for gear
 
WunderBro Flo's Avatar
I got interested in one after demoing the tc plugin, haha, funny but true. It sounded like a fantastic plugin, but when listening to the comparison files (ab test with the hw unit) online I could hear the real deal everytime, and I liked it better (and I am not a die hard "analog is better" guy) - especially the ONE factor I am listening out for, the upfrontness of the attacks and steadyness of the signal. Bought one used for a SILLY price and after using in real life situations I have to say it is sick sick sick on vocals & acoustic guitars. Fantastic piece, really, I do not know how many comps are out there that are so flexible while sounding as great as the cl1B. One of the few pieces that when set right make stuff sound "like a record". You need one!
Rock!
Pat
Old 16th May 2009
  #18
Lives for gear
 
rockstar_josh's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff16years View Post
wow, very nice story

....Kinda makes me feel a little lonely. Not that I don't love my 2 disstressors but...

...tubes

....wow
That's the trouble with vacationing in Europe. The tubes are always brighter on the other side.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
24-96 Mastering / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
okgb / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
tonyespinoza / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
1
GCL / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4

Forum Jump
Forum Jump