The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME FF 400 vs. Echo Audiofire 8 vs. Mbox 2 Pro vs. Audio 8 DJ
Old 1st May 2009
Gear interested

RME FF 400 vs. Echo Audiofire 8 vs. Mbox 2 Pro vs. Audio 8 DJ

All right everyone,

I desperately need help on making a decision between these audio interfaces. After, a week of reading reviews I seem to be chasing my own tail.

I currently own the Mbox 2 Pro and am looking to upgrade to better converters=better sound quality.

My emphases is an audio interface with great conversion for producing in logic and one I can use for 3 channel external mixing(not using timecode) with Traktor Pro.

The problem I'm having is I still use Pro Tools for about 15% of my work and maybe acquiring more.

Up until a week ago I was going to pick-up the RME FF400 but have read reviews on the Echo AudioFire 8 having comparable converters.

I’ll be picking up Traktor Pro and have also seen the Audio 8 Dj package as a viable option. I've read that it also has good conversion but is it better then the Mbox 2 Pro for Logic?

Yikes! Help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 2nd May 2009
Gear interested

?

????
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativestate View Post
I desperately need help on making a decision between these audio interfaces. My emphases is an audio interface with great conversion for producing in logic and one I can use for 3 channel external mixing(not using timecode) with Traktor Pro.
Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Nativestate

I suggest you get the audiofire and use the price difference between it and RME to purchase best external clock to clock audiofire wordclock via BNC.

I am clocking audiofire 12 via BNC word by Cranesong Hedd and I am getting really good conversion through audiofire- not quite as detailed and wide as Hedd but wow- in the ballpark.

Without the external clocking by Hedd was a huge difference between Cranesong Hedd and Audiofire (in terms of width and spatial depth and richness.

There have been good reviews of the BLA microclock-a great external clock clocking audiofire would be my tip.

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search