The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GearSlutz, I need your assistance!!!!!
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
These are two different API compressors. I have some 525's and I love them. I personally prefer buying in pairs, but that's up to you. What you need to remember is that you're also gonna need frames (which include power supplies) for each of these. 225 goes in a 200 series frame, and the 500 series goes in a 500 series frame. Better at first to get one type or the other, so that you only have to buy one frame. I love the heck out of API compressors, but I think if you're working on getting important stuff like monitors and an HD system, you can get these later.

Hey, this may sound like a ridiculous suggestion, and I don't know how much studio experience you have, but maybe you can find someone with a good deal of experience in your neighborhood who would be more than thrilled to help you get this happening (Besides, who doesn't like to shop for gear?) There are a ton of great suggestions here; but if you had someone to walk you thru it, I think it could help a quite a bit. Maybe you can trade a little tracking time for their help.

I have about 3 years of studio experience and I live in Manhattan. I'm quite sure there is somebody, but being in New York nobody's going to take time out of their oh so precious schedules to help me pick gear.

I think the biggest Question Mark would be with the A/D and D/A converters? Being that I'm only going to track vocals, do I really need a ton of converters?
Old 5th August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioMJunior
I have about 3 years of studio experience and I live in Manhattan. I'm quite sure there is somebody, but being in New York nobody's going to take time out of their oh so precious schedules to help me pick gear.

If you are willing to pay for the help its pretty easy to find people here in the city.

Heck just post the line "willing to pay for gear advice on Craigslist" and you won't be able to handle the amount of responses.
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
If you are willing to pay for the help its pretty easy to find people here in the city.

Heck just post the line "willing to pay for gear advice on Craigslist" and you won't be able to handle the amount of responses.

Oh I know. lol.

I'm a Real Estate Agent, I'm on Craigslist daily.
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Oh I know. lol.

Real Estate is sick money in any market ... for paperwork and showing up on time with a nice outfit and a smile!

You have enough free and good advice here to never complain you werent helped a lot ... now hire an engineer in NYC!

and for vocals, 2 CH is all the conversion you need. Get a Lavry Blue AD DA, 2 ch of each.
Old 5th August 2005
Quote:

So maybe i've run across you looking for an apartment.

Hopefully you are not the guy charging like 3 months rent and your first born as a fee.
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
So maybe i've run across you looking for an apartment.

Hopefully you are not the guy charging like 3 months rent and your first born as a fee.

lol no, I specialize in the No-Fee Luxury buildings.

But music is my love. I'm going to be doing all the engineering, I've been into engineering since I started recording in 2000. I'm soon to be 21 years old, and I'm trying to become a very sought after audio engineer in the Hip Hop world. I'm not a producer in a beat making aspect, I am however a songwriter. But making beats is not something I plan on doing. I'd much rather make somebody else's beat sound great.

I realize alot of the great engineers in the industry, have been doing it for years. So since I'm 21 years young, I want to be able to do this until my ears fall off.
Old 6th August 2005

fly me to NY and I'll help you!
Old 7th August 2005
Gear Addict

DITTO

BTW, good thread. I'm going to be redoing my whole studio very soon, so this has helped me alot. I used to have alot of the things on these lists. Damn I miss those days Stupid financial BS
Old 7th August 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi, I'm currently working on a business plan. I'm trying to finalize my gear list. I seeking about 60k to cover equipment. The things that I put in ( ) are things that I think there's gotta be something better. So here's the list, feel free to pick apart things. If I'm missing something let me know.

DigiDesign HD2 Pro Tools System
DigiDesign 192 Audio Interface
DigiDesign 192AD Input Expansion
DigiDesign Control | 24 Console
DigiDesign Sync I/O
Apple G5 Dual 2.7ghz 250GB 4GB Superdrive
Apple 20" Cinema Display
Apple Protection Plan (G5 & Displays)
Waves Platinum TDM Bundle
Eventide Anthology TDM Bundle
Bomb Factory Pultec TDM Bundle
Bomb Factory Fairchild TDM Bundle
Celemony Melodyne Studio Edition
Sony S-Ox Box
Audioease Altiverb TDM Bundle
Yamaha Motif 6 6-61 Key Keyboard
Avalon VT-737SP Channel Strip
Manley VoxBox Channel Strip
Neumann TLM 103 Condensor Microphone
Dynaudio BM5A Active Reference Monitor
MOTU Micro Lite 5x5 USB Midi Interface
Sennheiser HD280 Studio Headphones
AKG K240S Studio Reference Headphones
Monster HTPS 7000 Power Isolator
Furman PLPlus 15 Series II Power Conditioner
Furman HA6AB Headphone Amplifier
Furman HR2 Headphone Remote Station
DR Pro DR210 Microphone Boom Stand
Stedman PS101 Pop Filter
Radial Engineering JDI Duplex 2 Channel DI
Whirlwind SP1x2 Microphone Splitter
Mogami DSUB-XLRF 5ft Snake
Mogami DSUB-XLRM 5ft Snake
Mogami DSUB-XLRM 10ft Snake
Mogami TRS-XLRM 10ft Snake
Mogami XLRF-XLRM 3ft Cable
Mogami XLRF-XLRM 6ft Cable
Mogami XLRF-XLRM 15ft Cable
Mogami XLRF-XLRM 25ft Cable
Mogami TRS-XLRM 10ft Cable
Mogami TRS-XLRM 20ft Cable
Mogami TRS-XLRF 3ft Cable
Mogami TS-TS 3ft Cable
Primera Bravo II
Ritek Ridata CDR
Black Slim Jewel Cases
Primera Bravo Color Ink
Primera Bravo Black Ink

Thank you.
pshhhh son, i own all that....::crossing fingers behind back::

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search