The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EQ Klark Teknik (DN360) Any good for Studio application?
Old 31st July 2005
Gear Maniac

EQ Klark Teknik (DN360) Any good for Studio application?

This unit was made around 1980 Is it good for recording studio application or it was made for PA application only? Any comment guys
Thanks
Old 31st July 2005
Lives for gear

they are good EQs, i would definatly give it ago, even it it turns out not to be as clean as you would like it may still be usefull
im finding even a cheep 31band GEQ i have usefull in studio abit more noise and not terribly clean but i find it has a nice color to it
Old 31st July 2005
Lives for gear

well I dunno about the EQs but the quad compressors they have are really nice
Old 1st August 2005
Gear Maniac

Shop asked me $800 for this unit. I'm not sure that this one is going to work with my Studio set up. Mostly I'll work on Vocal, Acc GT, E-GT and synth stuff. I have seen this brand on PA system a lot.... I'm not sure about studio application.
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

Klark Teknik is basically Midas' outboard brand.

pick up one of them comps if you can, real nice snappy and punchy comps.

good luck w/ the graph
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ufo~
pick up one of them comps if you can, real nice snappy and punchy comps.
You can pick one up here- https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?t=37420
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

if I could spare the money I would man !

love that box for it's simple effectiveness.

Julian, something for you perhaps?
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

I used to have a matched pair of Klark-Teknik DN300's, which are the mono version w/ long-throw faders of the DN360. I had inherited these from when I used to do monitors, & figured "what the heck, they're good sounding very well made equalizers, I'll probably find some use for them in the studio."

In seven years I used one of them maybe 2 or 3 times, and never used the other one. Ever. There just aren't that many times when you're looking to eq something & finding that a graphic, no matter how good it is, does what you want better than something else.

I'll probably get a lot of responses from fans of API 560's now...
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross
I used to have a matched pair of Klark-Teknik DN300's, which are the mono version w/ long-throw faders of the DN360. I had inherited these from when I used to do monitors, & figured "what the heck, they're good sounding very well made equalizers, I'll probably find some use for them in the studio."

In seven years I used one of them maybe 2 or 3 times, and never used the other one. Ever. There just aren't that many times when you're looking to eq something & finding that a graphic, no matter how good it is, does what you want better than something else.

I'll probably get a lot of responses from fans of API 560's now...
You should try Sphere graphics- all inductor based eqs that sound every bit as good as Pultecs....
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

The DN360 is in my opinion a totally overrated EQ. It sounds always a little harsh and it sounds kind of screwed if you use higher settings than +/-6dB.

The older DN27 sounds much better to me. You can gain the highs and it still sounds smooth. It is easy to get a good result with the DN27 but with the DN360 you never get it really right.

I could only imagine to use the DN27 in a studio, never the DN360. An old SCV EQ (now producrd by LA-Audio) has a similar good sound like the DN27 by the way.

The DN27 is a mono unit so you need double the space, but it is worth it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search