The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gearslutz success stories Equalisers (HW)
Old 30th July 2005
Mindreader

Gearslutz success stories

I was at the end of my tether with a certain project
After various near-misses I knew I needed to move my cause along but had no money and no idea what to do to get things moving again
I call a gearslut and bang I have time at a local studio to do tracking using dead time
Without gearslutz I would never have been able to get to know someone LOCAL to help me out
So it's funny, this is a global thing, but to be honest, you can only really give immediate aid to those in your local community

Here's a call to all gearslutz to get to know each other wherever you may be in the world, and to help each other to realise your goals - no matter how far along your career has progressed, you always have something that someone else needs, so don't forget it

You may think you're just a kid with a few samples - but you may be the guy that the guys in the 'big studio up the road' need - and also, you may be the guy who thinks he knows it all and is bored of making music - and then meet some guys who are as fired up for doing it as you once were who teach you that what you do is worth it.

Remember to get in touch with your local gearslutz - that is where the real stuff happens.

Put your exact geographical location in your avatar description, and hook up with each other - that's when stuff can really happen

Bev
Old 30th July 2005

Nice thread! heh

Anybody from Brussels around here cares for a belgian Slutz dinner or something?

Cheers
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

We should do a .be meeting sometime yes, will talk about it with Chris Lambrechts.
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Addict

...could maybe be a benelux meeting...

Cheers, Julian
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Hey, count me in! I vote to make it Benelux...
I'm only have an hour drive from Chris' place anywya. Visited him 3 weeks ago to pick up a Buzz Audio MPE 1.1. Very nice, relaxed guy, had fun talking gear for a couple of hours there.

Greetigns,
Dirk
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Yarrrr...

Meet up in antwerp or something ?
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Great post BevvyB. I changed my avatar from "the middle coast" to Kansas City, although I'm actually in Saint Joseph (45 miles north) but no one knows where that is! Close enough for rock & roll................
TommyD
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Meet up in antwerp or something ?
Damn UFO!
Gearslutz living closer to my house than I thought;
Tilburg heh?
Greetings from another slut in Waalwijk!!
Nice thread
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Oklahomans?
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

I'm leaving for Oslo today.

Got a get together right near the world's largest troll.

Any one else?
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbaldo
Oklahomans?
yep, i'm just outside the tulsa area.
joshua
Old 30th July 2005

I've met a lot of really really spectactularly weird people through gearslutz....and I keep meeting up them...what am I doing...

is that success???

Old 30th July 2005

Antwerp is fine with me! How do we organize this Benelux slutz meeting? I can take care of the organisation from Brussels or somethimg amd then let somoem from antwerp to decide on a RDV place... hmmm Think I'll start a new thread about this...
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Head

Antwerp calling

So... you want to hold that meeting in a restaurant, café?
I can sort that out.
Old 30th July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall
Yep!! Gearslutz is quite the fraternity.. I've met several folks who I wanted to meet for years thanks to this site!! Gearslutz foreva baby!!
stalkings not the same as meeting heh
Old 30th July 2005
Please let this thread be a reminder to add your LOCATION in your public profile and perhaps add some further info in your signature file.. You never know - there may be someone local to you that can be of help..
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Wish I was over there. I love Brusels and Antwerp.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

I'm in Athens, GA and have met up with a few cats here that are totally cool. Trading mics for shoot outs, letting the other give one a shot...gotta love it. The trust factor and community here is fantastic!

Can't remember who turned me onto your site, but when I remember...they get a big fat kiss!

I can honestly say that this site has fed me with so much info, my mixes and overall sounds have improved immensely ove the past year...way faster than without it.

Thanks to all who visit and post on this site. And whoever started it (Jules?)...you are my hero!

daniel
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Live in Oslo..

ruudman
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Still the only 100% Portsmouth based gearslut...

(Is that something to be proud of??)

Other Portsmouth guys, prove me wrong!
Old 30th July 2005

wat chu torking abart, I'm pompey fru an fru mate

see yu artsaard.....

(breaks bottle and grins)
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Addict

Any other Slutz in Sao Paulo Brasil?
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolskid
wat chu torking abart, I'm pompey fru an fru mate

see yu artsaard.....

Gaawd blimey, I kno yur frum pompey but you ain't baaaased in Pompey are yu?

Yu love it in landan yoo slaaaaaag
Old 30th July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT
Gaawd blimey, I kno yur frum pompey but you ain't baaaased in Pompey are yu?

Yu love it in landan yoo slaaaaaag
ard as u try, yu jus carnt scrub pompey offa yerself heh

reminds me of an appropriate pompey saying:

'are yu looking at me or chewin a brick?'

'cos yer lose yer teef bouf wayz'

ahhhh, home sweet home

(dabs eyes)

Old 31st July 2005

I've had so many GSers help me out in person I can't even begin to tell you. I've also had a chance to help out some guys too. Hell, Syra hooked me up with my biggest client of this year. Sira you ROCK!

I'm in LA and have a bunch of cool gear and a dope studio on Hollywood Blvd., if I can ever help anyone don't hesitate to call.

James
323 462 4722
Old 31st July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 'LA' Lugo
Hell, Sira hooked me up with my biggest client of this year. Sira you ROCK!
You're welcome James ...maybe I'll try to stop by sometime in August to see how you guys are doing ...
Old 31st July 2005

Srya,

You are the man. We start mixing Michael on Monday, it's really coming out nice. Today we're cutting horns - E49>TG Channel>Distressor... Chen let me hear some of your work, awesome sounding. He also said you are the reigning heavy wieght protools champion of the universe! ****, I thought I was...lol

Let's hook up.

James
Old 31st July 2005
Lives for gear

Austin Texas...

Hey Brother Slutz in Austin Texas...

I am new to town...I am in the middle of a cool job and very soon I will be looking to mix these (at least 5 of these 12) in a cool vibey studio with some 'reg'a'lerr' ol' fashin' gear. At least some outboard NON plugins or a great board..or whatever the hell else is 'cool' and vibey!!

Style...contemporary ROCK..with a love for the 80's!!

Please feel free to PM me if anyone has time for this type of mix gig...or just want's to connect with a local producer and fellow Slut...

P&B,
Old 1st August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen
I'm in Athens, GA and have met up with a few cats here that are totally cool. Trading mics for shoot outs, letting the other give one a shot...gotta love it. The trust factor and community here is fantastic!

daniel
Yeah, but now we want to buy each others mics...maybe we should start robbing banks together and blame it on Gearslutz? heh
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search