The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DDA DMR 12 ??
Old 29th July 2005

DDA DMR 12 ??

I have been offered a DDA DMR 12 in excellent condition, but I can't find much info on it on the web, I have yet to check it out and wanted to do a bit of research first. Can any help out with things like their impressions of it? Sound? reliability? price? anything else?

thanks heaps
narco
Old 29th July 2005
Gear Head

Hello,

Have you done a search over at recordingconsoles.net? Lots of DDA info there.

I've got a QMR 12 and like it a lot, excelent built quality.

Cheers.
Old 29th July 2005

yeah, they don't have any info there cept a photo (looks nice tho!), thanks anyway, any one else?
Old 29th July 2005
Gear Head

We have a DMR12 and I think it's a great desk - as you probably know, it's the predecessor to the current range of Audient desks which retail (i THINK) around the £14 k mark.

No idea what you'd pay for a (20-ish yr old ?) DDA though (obviously LOTS less) - but I think it's a pretty simple, reliable, good sounding board that's easy to work on (and I wouldn't get rid of ours) - although we rarely use it to anything like capacity as we are in audio post and any music/large mixes are usualy done ITB...

One chap who does know his stuff (if you're in the uk) is Tim Owen. He has serviced our desk very well and I am told he's the man for DDA's - you can google his details and maybe contact him ? Also an email to Audient may help ? (and also if it's of any use I believe 'Klark Teknik' are the official people to contact for servicing etc... - but they put me onto Tim Owen...)

If you're in the UK you're welcome to PM me and pop in and see ours. (in Reading)
Old 30th July 2005

thankyou for that chrisr, unfortunatly I'm on the otherside of the world from you, but thanks for the offer and the info

narco

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search