The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mytek Stereo192 A/D
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Mytek Stereo192 A/D

As most of you know I just started working for Mytek not too long ago. In doing some research I found that we hadn't made to many press releases on this forum. I just want to take a quick opportunity to tell you about a product you may not know that we manufacture, the Stereo 192 A/D. Most of you know that we make the Stereo96 a/d and d/a converters and the 8x96 a/d and d/a converters, but the Stereo192 A/D is a new and pretty cool little box in it's own right. If you would like more information on it please feel free to visit our website here:

http://www.mytekdigital.com/products/stereo192adc.htm

Thanks.
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

Is the new stereo d/a done yet?

Also, wondering, where is the shop now? I was in the neighborhood the other day (down on Lafayette), and thought I'd stop in to see how things were and see what products were shaking, but the address on site wasn't there. I'd love to check out the new stuff.
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

So does this 192 sucker sound quite a bit better than the older model when both are set at 44.1 ?

I bought a used one a couple months back and I like it very much.
Old 29th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdarling

Also, wondering, where is the shop now? I was in the neighborhood the other day (down on Lafayette), and thought I'd stop in to see how things were and see what products were shaking, but the address on site wasn't there. I'd love to check out the new stuff.
The new Stereo d/a isn't done yet, but I'll be sure to let everyone know when it is heh
As far as the location of the shop, I really don't know exactly where it is, as I haven't been there yet. I'n still the new guy, you know...
Old 29th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinc
So does this 192 sucker sound quite a bit better than the older model when both are set at 44.1 ?

I really can't say if one sounds better then the other. They both sound very good, but there are differences. The 192 is the later design so it does have some improvements from the designers perspecitve, but which one sounds better or worse is completely subjective. I can arrange a demo of the 192 if you would like to compare the two head to head. Thanks.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus
I really can't say if one sounds better then the other. They both sound very good, but there are differences. The 192 is the later design so it does have some improvements from the designers perspecitve, but which one sounds better or worse is completely subjective. I can arrange a demo of the 192 if you would like to compare the two head to head. Thanks.

Cool !

I would like to check one out one of these days.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool !

I would like to check one out one of these days.
Just let me know and I will arrange it. Thanks.
Old 5th August 2005
scb
Gear Head

i've had a stereo 192 for a little over a year now and I LOVE it.

it's also nice that this one runs on dc power, so it's portable
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdarling

Hi Rob

Our official mail address posted on website is 151 Lafayette 3rd Fl, but you'd actually enter the shop through 147 Lafayette 3rd Fl. However, we are not a walk-in store. Please be sure to make a tel appointment ahead so we are ready to receive you. I suggest you call me in the beginning of Sept, I'd be happy to show you also the new 8X192 ADDA then.

David at the moment works off Ohio, but we hope to have them in NYC for the AES Show.

Regards, Michal, 646-613 1822
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:

The Stereo192ADC has following dfferences in design:

0. goes up to 192k
1. Battery as well as line power
2. Trimpots on front panel and swtichable with switch , not jumpers
3. AKM chip as opposed to Crystal with 3dB more DR (123 dB)
4. No 16 bit out
5. More expensive capacitors used (solid state large WIMAs instead of electrolytic)

As result you may say it's a tiny bit cleaner, but it's indeed very little.

Hope this helps

Regards, Michal, www.mytekdigital.com
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:

The Stereo192ADC has following differences in design (compared to Stereo96ADC):

0. goes up to 192k
4. No 16 bit out
5. More expensive capacitors used (solid state large WIMAs instead of electrolytic)

Hope this helps

Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

DSD Convertors

Hey David / Michal

I am starting a new venture with a very dear friend, someone you guys know very well, Eddie Kramer.
We are both getting into DSD recording and mixing. He and I will be involved in this together and we are almost ready to start evaluating convertors that sound the best for the stuff we are going to do.
I have to let you know he swears by your stuff....

We will be using the new Genex 9000 series of DSD digital recorders in this venture.
Eddie has told me that you are now making convertors that can be used for DSD.
Is this is true, if so, either he or I will contact you about 8 channel ADC / DAC to audition as a front end.
At the moment, the only two we are considering are the EMM Labs or the Genex convertors...

Thanks
Paul Orofino
www.millbrooksoundstudios.com
Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytek
The Stereo192ADC has following differences in design (compared to Stereo96ADC):

0. goes up to 192k
4. No 16 bit out

Hope this helps

Thanks Michal ! thumbsup

That does help.
Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

Hey Michal,

Thanks for the reply. I hope all is good in your world. I'd love to hear the new stuff and check out the DSD- I have a client who's very keen on it.

Best,

Rob Darling
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Nut

Hey David, Are you guys blowing out any 24/96 x 8 AD's or Stereo 96 DAC's? I'm working on a budget (3k) and need 8 AD, 2 DA and an ADAT card.
Old 15th August 2005
Gear Nut

Anyone in?
Old 15th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy
Hey David, Are you guys blowing out any 24/96 x 8 AD's or Stereo 96 DAC's? I'm working on a budget (3k) and need 8 AD, 2 DA and an ADAT card.
I think that I can help. Send me an e-mail to david at mytekdigital.com and I'll see what I can do.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search