The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What do you know about MCI JH-110C's?
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

What do you know about MCI JH-110C's?

Things to look out for?

When were the JH's 110's made? Are the transports pretty solid?
Are there any parts that are impossible to find? Any issues that plague this model?

Any helpful MCI support sites out there?

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Jon
Old 27th July 2005
One with big hooves

If your looking for info I'd start here; http://www.blevinsaudio.com/

Randy and Steve are THE soruce for anything MCI.
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

Back in the 1980's, I worked for a studio with and MCI 636 desk and a pair of JH-110B machines. When we moved to a new building in 1984, we bought JH-110C machines in 1/2" and 1/2" 2 track configurations. By then, they had both a Sony badge as well as MCI (Sony just added their badge onto the gear).

The older 110B machines were somewhat tempermental, largely due to flaky soldering, but the 110C machines were rock solid. They still sit in that same studio, but aren't used for anything besides a way to access tapes recorded in the 80's through the mid/late 90's when they converted totally to digital masters.

Once every year or two, they ask me to verify the operation of those machines when I'm there doing some other project/repair, and they are just peachy. Of course, they've had little/no use in the past 8 years or so!

(I also give three DAT machines a "check" as well, since they have a large library of those tapes as well, and a pristine Otari MTR-90 Mk3 sits idle as well).

Bri

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search