The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Longframe/military 1/4" to XLR adapter for patchbay?
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Longframe/military 1/4" to XLR adapter for patchbay?

Hi,

I just purchased an ADC patchbay which supposedly uses "longframe, military 1/4" TRS connectors that are supposedly "different than regular 1/4" TRS connectors. For you guys that have this kind of setup, is this the case?

And if so, I wanted to run my preamp INPUTS to the patchbay, so I can plug my mics into the patchbay and it will be routed out the back to the preamp input, but I don't want to order mic cables with longframe on one side and XLR on the other. However, I can't find an adapter for XLR to longframe anywhere...redco, markertek, etc...

Pardon me if I am referring to this stuff incorrectly but can anyone help me out here?

My Hosa 1/4" patchbay was so much easier!!
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSpace
Hi,

I just purchased an ADC patchbay which supposedly uses "longframe, military 1/4" TRS connectors that are supposedly "different than regular 1/4" TRS connectors. For you guys that have this kind of setup, is this the case?
As long as you don't use regular TRS 1/4" in your long frame bay you'll be ok. The regular ones(1/4" TRS) will bend the contacts on your long frame TT jack field; this is bad, and it should be observed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSpace
And if so, I wanted to run my preamp INPUTS to the patchbay, so I can plug my mics into the patchbay and it will be routed out the back to the preamp input, but I don't want to order mic cables with longframe on one side and XLR on the other. However, I can't find an adapter for XLR to longframe anywhere...redco, markertek, etc...
You will have to find a buddy with a iron and some know how. If you were in new york I could do this for you, as I too own a long frame TT patychbay and could use some adaptor cables.
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Thanks audioez,

Anyone else know of ANYONE who makes a QUALITY simple long-frame TRS to XLR-F adapter or short (1' or less) patchcord. I can't believe that the only solution is to break out the soldering iron...
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

Try:

markertek.com
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

Sorry, CALL markertek!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search