The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How do you feel about handing your tracks off to another mixer?
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

Interesting responses all around.
I really have no problems with this whatsoever.
I always hope that it works out for the best.
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Here's another question.

Let's say you have mixed the track ITB and saved it.
How do you feel about all your personal drum samples, plugin settings, ect. being handed to someone else?
Do you feel better giving them a clean slate version of the project?
Should you get a partial mixing credit for handing over what could be considered pre mixed material?
If someone else basically uses your mix with arrangement\small changes are you going to be pissed?
Old 28th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winey

Here's another question.

How do you feel about all your personal drum samples, plugin settings, ect. being handed to someone else?
Should you get a partial mixing credit for handing over what could be considered pre mixed material?
If someone else basically uses your mix with arrangement\small changes are you going to be pissed?
This topic has been discussed at great length already... but exactly how you would find those threads....er... escapes me at present...
Old 28th July 2005
One with big hooves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winey
Speaking from the perspective of a mixer...I'd RATHER start a clean slate then starting with someone else's treatment and effects.

Part of that is because of my approach to mixing, starting with a DAW and then hitting an analog console with outboard gear. Removing all the plugs and grouping gives me flexibility. On the backside of it, nobody else can recreate my mix because it wasn't done entirely ITB.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search