The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dealer for ATTY 2D, can't seem to find one? Does it have headphone jack?
Old 26th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Dealer for ATTY 2D, can't seem to find one? Does it have headphone jack?

Dealer for ATTY 2D, can't seem to find one? Does it have headphone jack? Or, can you connect one to it. And what would the device be?

Am I asking a lot of questions. This seems like a practical solution to control two sets of monitors and have a headphone jack at the same time.

I want to plug my Rosetta 200 into it. I posted this question before, and some suggested the Coleman products, Mackie and Prosonus.

However, this seems better for a reasonable price. Any input. And, I can't find a dealer when I do a google search.

Santo
Old 26th July 2005
Lives for gear

Hello Santo,

Call A Designs Audio direct.

818-716-4153

Thank you,
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by santo
Does it have headphone jack?
no, but the ATTY should be great to control monitors. the people at A Designs are very helpful. call 'em up!
Old 27th July 2005
Jai guru deva om

I think I'm one of the only people in the world using the ATTY2'D...mwwwahahaha!

(lucky guy with a demo)

the ATTY2'D is kicking ass on monitor control duty. It's set up for 5.1, but I'm using the 2 stereo pots for my monitors and leaving the 2 singles open for preamp attenuation if needed.

Peter, when are they coming out??

War
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Is that released yet, Peter? I thought it was still in-the-works...

I can also vouch for Pete Montessi, a super guy with outstanding products. Still loving my MP-2...

Steve
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
I think I'm one of the only people in the world using the ATTY2'D...mwwwahahaha!

(lucky guy with a demo)

the ATTY2'D is kicking ass on monitor control duty. It's set up for 5.1, but I'm using the 2 stereo pots for my monitors and leaving the 2 singles open for preamp attenuation if needed.

Peter, when are they coming out??

War
Hi War and Steve,

I'm shooting for AES NY Oct 2005.

War, I think there are only a couple of other people on this planet that have an ATTY2'D and are using it right now.
As a matter of fact my very first prototype was snagged up by 5.1 Surround Management here in West LA.
I was introduce to Bob Michaels (owner) through E-cue (as you may know him). I just wanted some feedback and they ended up keeping it!!!
They were the ones who told me that it had a use in 5.1.
So I asked if they wouldn't mind helping me silk screen the face plate with the correct indicators.
My first thoughts were for project studios who needed more than one ATTY so they could control their pres. or A/Ds.

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it War. And thanks Steve.

Thank you,
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

I played with it quite a bit recently- I had it set up but not for monitoring... I had various pairs of mics going through it and used it for attenuating various feeds. I had some very hot mic pres (MP2R) that needed attenuation before hitting the converters. Also, I had a couple feeds coming from various wireless systems in shows. I couldn't adjust gain from where I was sitting in my control room so I just attenuated the signal coming in.. The 2 mono channels were awesome to have...

I also had an original ATTY that I used for monitor control..

Peter is a very cool guy and a huge help to have around...

--Ben
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Should I get an ATTY 2D to control my monitors, what whould be the best way to hook up a pair of headphones to it? Maybe A-Designs can help with this question.

Santo
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo
Should I get an ATTY 2D to control my monitors,

This is totally up to you but the ATTY2'd will do the job.

what whould be the best way to hook up a pair of headphones to it?

You will not be able to do this Santo.

Maybe A-Designs can help with this question.

Santo
Call A Designs direct..........

Thank you,
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

On a recent gig, this is what I did- I had a Benchmark DAC-1 as my main DAC and my headphone amp. I set it for calibrated output on the analog outs and ran that output into an ADesign ATTY which I used as my monitor controller.

Worked like a charm.

--Ben
Old 24th September 2005
Lives for gear

Atty2'd rocks! I'm using the first stereo pair of mine for monitor volume control and it's sounding great. I just got a Chord SPA 608 power amp, which is feeding my custom Exakte monitors.

It's definitely up to audiophile standards IMHO. I just wish it had a remote control. Waiting for the new Dangerous ST w/ remote.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search