How i eq a REVERB return on cubase 5?
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

How i eq a REVERB return on cubase 5?

thanks!
Old 13th April 2009
Engagement Manager

isn't there EQ on the FX channel?
or you can insert an EQ after the reverb on the channel strip?
Old 13th April 2009
Gear Addict

Unless something has changed DRASTICALLY. You should be able to pop open the channel strip view for the FX channels and have the same EQ that is available on your Audio channels.

If you wish to use a particular EQ plugin, simply add it in the insert slot following the Reverb on the FX track. Either way will work fine.
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

I dont use fx channels (dont like'm) i use inserts...my question is:

"Does the eq i use in the insert of lets say a guitar, allso effects the reverb i use on that guitar"?
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

Effects like reverb and delay are typically "send" effect and in Cubase are inserts on an FX channel. If you want to apply EQ to the the reverb and not the entire track, then the method described above is the way to do it.
Old 13th April 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meymia View Post
I dont use fx channels (dont like'm) i use inserts...my question is:

"Does the eq i use in the insert of lets say a guitar, allso effects the reverb i use on that guitar"?

If the EQ you insert is after the reverb, then yes, it's affecting it... not sure where the built in channel EQ falls in the chain with the inserts, but I imagine it's probably switchable pre or post.

That said, by using inserts instead of the FX channels for verbs and delays, you're really limiting yourself. What if you want to EQ the reverb return only without effecting the dry signal? What if you want to send a delay into a reverb or other effect while keeping the dry signal intact? What if you want to send a bunch of signals to the same reverb to create a sense of space? You're wasting a lot of CPU cycles inserting the same reverb on every track.

Just food for thought...there's a reason it's the industry standard for time-based effects to be sends instead of inserts...
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

You don´t even need an FX-channel... Just create a subgroup, insert your favorite
effect plugin and create a send on your audio channel(s) to that subgroup...

I work that way for a long time. It gives me more routing flexibility than using
the FX-channels.
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by opentune View Post
You don´t even need an FX-channel... Just create a subgroup, insert your favorite
effect plugin and create a send on your audio channel(s) to that subgroup...

I work that way for a long time. It gives me more routing flexibility than using
the FX-channels.

So thers actually zero defrencer between sending a track to a group with a reverb on it the sending it to a fx channel with a reverb on it?
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

Oh and BTW and most importantly arent there filters on the reverb itself (cubase reverbs) that lets me do the exact same thing as eqing in a fx channel?
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
So thers actually zero defrencer between sending a track to a group with a reverb on it the sending it to a fx channel with a reverb on it?
There´s no difference. The subgroup just acts as an FX return. Cool thing: you can
route your FX subgroup to other groups if you need to. I like that.
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh and BTW and most importantly arent there filters on the reverb itself (cubase reverbs) that lets me do the exact same thing as eqing in a fx channel?
The workstations i use have Nuendo 3 and Cubase 4 installed, so i can´t say
anything about the new Cubase 5 plugins...
I heard that there´s a convolution reverb included - i bet that this one
carries at least a two band eq for filtering.
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

Why go far even the old REVERB A from sx 3 or Roomworls in cubase 4 has low and high eq in them...my question is....is it the same as equiing in thefx channels eq?
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why go far even the old REVERB A from sx 3 or Roomworls in cubase 4 has low and high eq in them...my question is....is it the same as equiing in thefx channels eq?
Ah, now i understand. Yes, it´s the same.
Old 13th April 2009
Lives for gear

Ok two more please (10x for the help btw )
1)the ONLY reason why people use more then one fx channel (for lets say a reverb) is because of the EQ.

meaning they wanna eq the same reverb but on a differnt signal so they need more fx channels.

right?

2)k i grasped the whole need for an fx channel thingy,my question is:i opend a hi hat track opend an fx channel and placed a reverb on its inserted then opend the fx channel in my hi hat track sends.

now...i want the hihat to be 100% on, left and the reverb on 100% right...and i know i should simply use the send routing option and pan the reverb through there to wherever i want to...the thing is it doesnt work the reverb doesnt go all the way left when i use the send routing,it stays in the middle.
is it cause the fx channel is in the center?
if so,how do i pan through the send routing?
Old 14th April 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:

2)k i grasped the whole need for an fx channel thingy

No, I don't think you did
Old 14th April 2009
Lives for gear

Create a Group or FX track and insert your reverb in either
Name thus Hat reverb or something meaningfull to you
Pan the group or Fx track right

Go to your HiHat track and select a send slot and assign it too the
HiHat Reverb group or FX track
Turn the send up

Pan the HiHat Left
Old 14th April 2009
Alternately you could use a stereo reverb and simply pan the send right while keeping the channel panned left. At least in Nuendo you can do that.

Weird thing to do in the first place, but hey, points for think outside the box I guess.
Old 14th April 2009
Lives for gear

Would it make me a dick to be the first one to post RTFM in this thread? It would?
Old 14th April 2009
Lives for gear

Does that means that if i have 2 hi hat tracks (both with the same reverb on there send) it is imposible for me to send that 1 reverb to difrent pan on each hi hat?

that means i need to open 2 differnt fx reverb ?

A note to the people that come in this thread with cinical remarks, 0 patience and 0 advices.
please go somewhere else and do not interupt neither people who actually try to impart an advice to a person who's obviously is on a learning process,and niether to that person.

Thank you.
Old 14th April 2009
Gear Addict

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to send TWO different sources (hi-hats) to ONE Fx Channel (Reverb) and have both of the sources panning differentiated.

I don't believe you can do that. You would need to setup TWO FX Channels to accomplish this. If there is a work around I would like to know as well.

Good luck
Old 14th April 2009
Lives for gear

hmm thx for the replay...i wonder if ti has something to do with the send routing but that doesnt seem to react to panning changes...any one?
Old 14th April 2009
Gear Addict

There is a preference which you need to verify. In your preferences (and I'm not at my DAW so I don't remember exactly where, the manual will get you close faster) make sure that you have "Sends follows panning" (or something to that effect) selected. This way, if you send to a stereo FX (or group) channel then the send will send to the left side of the FX/Group if the channel is panned left.

If what you want is for the send effect to return to the opposite side from the source, then create a mono FX/Group track. Send the signal from the source track to the mono FX track and then pan the two tracks opposite each other. This is all fairly basic signal flow stuff here. You might consider picking up an entry level text on audio engineering.

In Cubase 5 the fuctionality of the FX channels and the Group channels should actually be fairly similar.
Old 15th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSprocket View Post

In Cubase 5 the fuctionality of the FX channels and the Group channels should actually be fairly similar.

How about the thing where in fx channels you can control the amount of interfirness of the 100% wet rever ,can u do that in a group?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search