The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"Treat-Yourself" moments
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

"Treat-Yourself" moments

When was the last time you looked at the price of something and cringed , thinking, "Can I afford that?!?", and then later coming back and going to hell with it, I'm gonna spoil myself?

For me it was my new Telecaster - I'm so glad I bought it, it's amazing! I might sadly have another moment like this with the Neumann TLM49's I'm eyeing up.

Cheers
Mike

PS. One friend of my Dad's once said, on the subject of buying pricey things and then having to explain it to his wife, "Hell, she'll only complain once!"
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

Faderport. It doesn't make you sound better, why the hell would I spend money on it?

6 months later, one of the best things ever too. It's just so fun to use and I get all my levels a lot quicker. In terms of time is money, it was a good investment.
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

hmm, UA 2-610!
Old 10th April 2009
Gear Head

For me, that was just last tuesday. I had all my debts well controlled, and figured what the hell.
Ended up getting an ART MPA Gold (currently looking for some NOS tubes), a Blue Bluebird, and an ADK A6.
Though I have to figure out how to pay for all this stuff, I have a big smile on my face when I walk into my studio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search