The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Joe Meek Preamps: The Old and The New?
Old 10th April 2009
Gear Maniac

Joe Meek Preamps: The Old and The New?

From what I understand there is at least 2 era's of this brand. Anyone how to distiguish one from the other? Is there a reference list at all? Did some of the gear continue from one to the other? Thanks for any info.
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

I don't know too much about them but my VC6Q was made in England and the new ones are made in China.
Old 10th April 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleantone View Post
From what I understand there is at least 2 era's of this brand. Anyone how to distiguish one from the other? Is there a reference list at all? Did some of the gear continue from one to the other? Thanks for any info.
The old ones were made in England and say so on the back. They also were designed by Ted Fletcher who has a connection to Joe Meek from the olden times.
His name appears on some of the units. I use the old stuff every time I record and mix.
I have not used the new stuff at all.
Old 10th April 2009
Gear Maniac

So does that mean that ALL units that are made in England are the old variety and vice versa? Anyone know?
Old 10th April 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleantone View Post
So does that mean that ALL units that are made in England are the old variety and vice versa? Anyone know?
Yes, the old ones were made in England. The new stuff is made in China. Fletcher is no longer with Joe Meek. He has another company that bears his name.
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico52 View Post
The old ones were made in England and say so on the back. They also were designed by Ted Fletcher who has a connection to Joe Meek from the olden times.
His name appears on some of the units. I use the old stuff every time I record and mix.
I have not used the new stuff at all.
This post made me check the back of my VC1....Made in England, I'm good.heh
Thanks for the info Rico

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search