The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Simple way to monitor analog from a Rosetta 200
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Simple way to monitor analog from a Rosetta 200

I do not have a external mixer for my pro tools set up. I just added an Apogee Rosetta 200 my studio. I'd like to monitor directly from the analog outputs from the Apogee.

So, I need something very clean to plug the headphones into. A small mixer would work I guess.

Any suggestions for something that would provide an accurate signal to the headphones from the analog outputs on the Apogee.

I kind of think that is one thing they overlooked on the Rosetta 200-- a headphone jack.

Appreciate the help.

Santo
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo
I do not have a external mixer for my pro tools set up. I just added an Apogee Rosetta 200 my studio. I'd like to monitor directly from the analog outputs from the Apogee.

So, I need something very clean to plug the headphones into. A small mixer would work I guess.

Any suggestions for something that would provide an accurate signal to the headphones from the analog outputs on the Apogee.

I kind of think that is one thing they overlooked on the Rosetta 200-- a headphone jack.

Appreciate the help.

Santo
This might be just what you're looking for....

http://www.colemanaudio.com/
Old 24th July 2005
Dor
Lives for gear

yep. I added a coleman unit to my monitoring chain after getting the rosetta 200 & ditching the mixer.
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Which one? And how much?
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

I also have a Rosetta 200 and wish they would have included a headphone jack for us poor schmucks monitoring through headphones...I almost got an RME ADI-2 AD/DA for that reason alone!

In any case, I actually got a ****ty behringer mixer as a temporary fix...and though I have no frame of reference, I can say that the Apogee D/A through the mixer is still head and shoulders above my Mbox converters. I have no idea of how much, if any, the mixer is coloring the sound.

My next investment will be a set of decent monitors, but I also would like to know of my different options with regard to taking the Rosetta's analog outs down to headphone level. Would a simple headphone amp be better, and if so which one? Also, when I do get monitors, can I just run the analog outs straight into them, assuming they are powered, or will I still have to run the signal through some sort of monitor control mechanism then out to the monitors?

-Chris
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

mackie big knob or the presonus central station

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search