The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
a/d converters $1500 range
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Addict

Im looking for a some a/d converters in the $1000- $1500 range to use with my m-box. Preferably to clean up clock jitter and get a better overall sound. I bounce to disk in pro tools so i don't need d/a's, but they would be a plus for monitoring. Ive been looking at the apogee mini me because the pre's are a plus. any others i should be looking at? thanks in advance
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Lavry Blue is in this range for 2ch AD

Rosetta 200

Mytek stereo

MiniMe is older design as far as I know, doesn't match current apogees. I've been considering it for 1/2 mobile use, but in the end Lavry won, because I didn't want any compromise (and didn't have $8000 for hi-hi-hiend).
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax
Im looking for a some a/d converters in the $1000- $1500 range to use with my m-box. Preferably to clean up clock jitter and get a better overall sound. I bounce to disk in pro tools so i don't need d/a's, but they would be a plus for monitoring. Ive been looking at the apogee mini me because the pre's are a plus. any others i should be looking at? thanks in advance

Lavry Blue 4496- 4 - 2ch ad - chassis, 1ad, msync or
Lavry Blue 4496-12 - 2ch ad & 2ch da - chassis, 1 ad, msync, 1da
Old 24th July 2005
Jai guru deva om

If you go AD and DA check out Lucid in that price range. I use Lucid stuff every day and we love it.

War
Old 27th July 2010
Gear Nut

I'm also looking for something in the same price range, ideally it'd be AD/DA, but at least a very good quality AD, any suggestions / brand comparisons?
Old 27th July 2010
Lives for gear
Apogee stuff on ebay isn't bad you can get a rosetta 200 between 1,000-1,300.

I would maybe wait and see what the new apogee converter does to the rest of the series as I read on vintage king under the new product that "this product will replace the rosetta 800 and adx series as of this date" They are really good converters and there might be a price drop in the new and used market soon on those models. I think the 200 though will stay the same as it has it's place for console connection use/master converter and basic 2 channel. I wouldn't be surprised come the end of the year if you can pick up a rosetta 800 for a pretty good deal.
Old 27th July 2010
Lavry Blue is something very worth the buck if you consider the fact that you can expand it in the future.
Old 27th July 2010
Lives for gear

Lavry Blue. In that price range, its a great front end.
Old 29th July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
If you go AD and DA check out Lucid in that price range. I use Lucid stuff every day and we love it.

War
I mix using a Lucid DA 9624, great kit regardless of price. The AD 9624 is the same, top notch.
Old 29th July 2010
Lives for gear

Used ensemble and switch to logic? Lol

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search