The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Peluso 2247 Sample, Listen!
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Peluso 2247 Sample, Listen!

Hi everyone,

I have finally had a chance to try out the Peluso 22 47 microphone, so rather than try to explain how it sounds, here is a Jim Croce song I recorded in my living room this evening.

The signal chain is: (Vocals 2247)(Guitar AT4033)--->Avalon AD2022 preamp--->E-MU 1212m sound card

I panned the guitar to the left and the vocals to the right so you can hear it a bit better. I just gave it a tad bit of reverb, no eq. My voice is nasaly in this but I just wanted to give a sample for you'all.

Peluso 2247 recording
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Guru

Sounds nice, thanks for sharing.

You should be covering Cat Stevens songs... heh
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Addict

The guitar sounds nice. Good frequency balance, imaging and depth. Thanks for sharing
Bill
Old 24th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster
The guitar sounds nice. Good frequency balance, imaging and depth. Thanks for sharing
Bill
Funny that you say that because he is focusing on the vocal mic for this thread....

heh
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Hey,

Just curious. We're vox and guitar done at the same time, or overdubbed?
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

What brand/model guitar ?? Sounds really nice.....
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_new
Funny that you say that because he is focusing on the vocal mic for this thread....

heh
Thanks for the sample Rick.
Yes! The AT4033 is a great microphone for the money. I own one and love it. I don't have any experience with the Peluso mic. Too hard to judge like this.
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Interesting sound test...I looped a section of the guitar only, and compared the two mics....On the guitar, the AT sounded pretty good but a bit muffled in comparison to the Peluso. The Peluso sounded a bit more clear, however the combination of the two mics on the guitar sounds great.

I've been finding out that using two different mics on a guitar, really helps to get a better sound when combined.
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Well done. Thank You.
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I used a Taylor 414, and yes, vox and guitar done at same time.
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_new

heh
Maybe I was a too quick (or drunk ?) reading the post . I like the guitar sound after all heh .

Cheers,
Bill

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search